Buster the 'letterbox' boy

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shelagh

Buster the 'letterbox' boy

Post by Shelagh »

Hi everybody, you may have read the very sad story about this lovely black boy; left in a flat, lonely and hungry for months and only kept alive by a kind neighbour who fed him through the letterbox. :cry3: Yes I did cry and so did my husband. We have always been owned by Black Labs and Airedale Terriers. Our darling Bruce died over a year ago aged 14 1/2 and we were at the stage of 'will we, won't we?' But we always knew there was a Black Boy out there for us somewhere. And so Buster came into our lives and into our hearts and we will never let him go. He will never be cold, hungry or lonely again. Buster and our Airedale Beads (aka Good Boy Beads) who is also a rescue, get along really well. :love6: and have now started sleeping in the same bed together. Buster has been to the vets and weighs 21kg (a bag of bones) and has had his first injections. His tummy, which has been running on empty for so long, is now getting used to regular feeds. He has sores on his face with sticking it through the letterbox and the are starting to heal. But his sore paws still look very sore, friends on Planet Airedale have advised to rub them with nappy rash cream so fingers crossed and the vet advised to bath them in salty water. He is such a lovely soul and has not been a bit of bother, fitting into our home like he has been there forever. We have lovely walks in the fields around our house and he likes to play with a ball. He has become a celebrity in our village and everyone wants to pat him which he loves. :love4: bye for now Shelagh, Good Boy Beads and Beautiful Buster
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Buster the 'letterbox' boy

Post by lucy73 »

:love5: Fantastic that Buster has found a great new life....sounds like he will have the great life he so deserves :1971:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Lovely update Shelagh - thank you, look forward to hearing more from you and of course the "obligatory" photos of both boys :1966:

Alison x
PS welcome to the site
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Thanks for being there for Buster

:love5: :1972: :bighug:

Hilary, Tuppence & William
andrea
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by andrea »

What a brilliant update, it made me cry nearly as much as his first story, to know that he is loved and settled has made my weekend.

:love3: These are for you, Buster and Beads.

Andrea, Skye and Reuben. x
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

He has found his new forever home - best wishes Buster - our Simba was very underweight when we got him (they thought he was on the streets for a fortnight) but he son put it on, we are glad this story has such a happy ending
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Shelagh and Beads and Hubby for taking dear Buster to your home and heart his story makes very sad reading bless him that now he is cherishing all the love and care he is getting.

Looking forward to photos soon.

Best wishes
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hello,
Its lovely to read that the handsome Buster has found a loving home and a friend ready to share his bed! The poor chap won't be able to believe his good fortune, falling on his (sore) paws when he chose you. :thumbup:
On the subject of said paws, our vet recommends Sudocrem antiseptic nappy cream for all sorts of sore and irritated bits and I've found it helps.

It would be great to see a photo or two sometime, all our very best wishes

Desley
(Max, Rosie, Harley and Diesel)
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hi and a warm welcome to the site Shelagh. :wave:

Thank you all so much for allowing the lovely Buster into your home and hearts. You have all waited long enough for the 'coming tgether'. I hope you all have a long, happy and healthy life together. Looking forward to some pics.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hello Shelagh and welcome to the site,

Thank you for taking Buster into your hearts - he truly is a remarkable boy who has been through so much - but now his real life begins - thanks to you.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
LindaMJ
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by LindaMJ »

How wonderful that he has joined you. I am so thrilled to hear this news. It never ceases to amaze me some people's lack of understanding of animals and dogs. I do believe it is often due to not being brought up with animals and respecting them.
I have just rescued Maggie and walking her through the village yesterday, a young Mum called out to me. "You have got it then !" It saddened me that she thought Maggie was an "it" or "thing". Ten minutes later I bumped into another lady who also owns a labrador, both of us were tearful when we met, because she knew what having Maggie meant to me and she was overwhelmed with emotion that she was so very beautiful and how happy we would be together. There's the difference.
Congratulations to you all and hoping Buster sorely paws heal soon. Linxx
Lin

Harley in Paradise, so full of love and joy. (adopted 2.7.07 from MKF. Passed away 3.02.12 at just 9 years).
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

:1971: :1971: :1971: :1971:

Thank you :love3: Buster is now going to have a happy life!!! :love6: :love6:

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:love2: :love2: :love2:
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Congratulations on adopting the lovely Buster, his life begins now for him, :thumbup:

Have been away for a couple of weeks so have been catching up and was appalled at this story, and as for the RSPCA words fail me. Thank goodness for Glenys and her team. :love3:

How lovely Beads and Buster are becoming friends and now sleeping together,it was lovely to read, hopefully with your loving care he will soon be putting on weight and wont remember the terrible life he had before.
A big thank you to all concerned in his rescue and the kind neighbour that probably saved his life.

Gill,Milly and Lilly
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi and welcome Shelagh.

A lovely update on the gorgeous Buster.His story made me cry and now I have tears of joy reading your post.

Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together. :love3: :love3: .

Look forward to further updates and pictures.

:love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

:occasion7: hello and welcome to this very addictive site.

Once again I had tears in my eyes reading this happy ending for the very lucky Buster. I hope you have a very long (it will obviously be a happy one :1970: ) life together and I'm so pleased that the two dogs have settled together so well.

Thank you for this update and I hope it will be the first of many - we love hearing about each dog's new life :love5:

Joan x
Joan and George x