Buster the 'letterbox' boy

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Buster the 'letterbox' boy

Post by Ann Mee »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I would love to see some pictures of you Buster :love2: . I bet Mum & Auntie Yvonne thought you were having puppies eating all the cake, biscuits etc, I bet your tummy was huge! I'm very glad there were no I'll effects from your bingeing :rofl: :rofl: . Labradors e'h :rofl: :rofl: well done on gaining some weight too :thumbup: :bravo:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

What a wonderful aadventure you had Buster and you did a great job really now Mum doesnt need to go to weightwatchers after holi woli days

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Oh Buster, you are a one, I can't stop laughing at your antics, has it put you off eating tin foil for good :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Leonette :occasion7:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just don't know what to say!!!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Oh dear Buster, you were a lucky boy as chocolate and raisins are poisonous to dogs - we discovered that when Max raided the Santa sacks when he was your age and was very poorly - all over the carpet as visitors arrived for christmas dinner!! The vet said he was very lucky indeed :2009:
I should just stick to lemon drizzle cake (yum) and maple syrup cookies next time :1968:
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Lorraine+Ged
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lorraine+Ged »

Oh My Goodness......that's a lot of cakes and sweeties.
Did you leave anything for your mum and auntie to eat!! :2009:
We used to have a beautiful girl called Juno, and once upon a time we left the margarine
out on the worktop :2019: I'll say no more except Junos' nickname after that
was butter bottom :1967:
You Labs, wouldn't have you all any other way xx
Lorraine+Ged
Honey & Rolo
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Buster the letter box boy - once in a lifetime - glad you enjoyed it and suffered not a lot.

:bighug: :love2: :bighug: :love2:

Hilary, Tuppence William & Rowley
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Sounds like you had a great time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Hazel
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Hazel »

Kimmy was a bit of a thief but now the kitchen door is shut most of the time and everything put away. About January I accused my hubby of pinching a ripe piece of St Agur off the top of the bread Bin..it did not occur to me that Kim was tall enough. He was!
But it was Kim so I apologised to Dr G and we bought a heavy china cheese cover. At least we will hear KIm if he starts to steal..
Anyway Kim has lost 2kgs this month and has been on Iams low fat. Lots of very very long walks and has a new frisbee called an Orca. Love to Buster.
Kimmy and Hazel
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Oh my word Buster what an adventure - good job you are OK though - and I am sure Aunty Yvonne will have learnt her lesson :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh Buster, that made us laugh; we remembered our two - Simba,when we'd had him about three weeks and big sister left a tin of biscuits open in the lounge - he'd eaten half of them before we found him and then last week, I got some beef out of the freezer to defrost and the next morning we couldn't find it anywhere; I was beginning to thin I hadn't got it out when Shiva turned up with the bowl it had been in and we were wondering if we would have to look for plastic poohs when he turned up with the bag - as pleased as punch!!
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Shelagh

Post by Shelagh »

Hi everyone its Good Boy Beads the Airedale here. My lovely bro Buster (letterbox) got tacked the other day. :2012: We woz in the field and Buster woz playing wiv his ball :2093: and norty Lloyd the Pointer tacked Buster and bitted him all over. He bitted and bitted and wouldn't stop and Buster screamed and screamed. I woz over the other side of the field but came running over to see what I could do, but Lloyd's dad had pulled him off. Norty, norty Lloyd. :2014: Buster was shaking and Mum gave him a cuddle and we went home and both got biskits. Next mornin Buster's top lip was a bit swelled up but he seemed OK and he let Mum touch it but she sed we might have to take him to that 'V' place if it was still swelled in in the mornin. Oh no - I can't even say that 'V' word. Anyhow he was OK next day (phew) the swelled had gone down and he eatted his dinner (more's the pity 'cos I wouldve eatted it for him). I love my Buster but :love5: norty, norty Lloyd, he is a bad boy. We will watch him in future that's for sure. Buster is fine now and we are both looking forward to our next holiday in the north west Highlands in 3 weeks time. I hope we find some of that nice lemon drizzle cake again :2819: Speak soon. Good Boy Beads.
Mandylab
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Mandylab »

Awww, poor boy. I hope he is okay both physically and mentally. Such a shame.
Mandy and Nibby
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Poor dear Buster, he's already been through too much in his life. Glad he seems ok, hope he is long term also.
Enjoy your hols Buster and Beads. Will waiting to hear of your adventures - I'm sure there will be some!

Hilary, Tuppence William & Rowley
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Oh poor poor Buster. :love4: That pointer should be kept on a lead if he can not play nicely. :2012:

Have a lovely holiday in the highlands and big big :bighug: 's for you and Buster.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )