Maggie walks the coastal path between Praa Sands & Kenneggy

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LindaMJ
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Maggie walks the coastal path between Praa Sands & Kenneggy

Post by LindaMJ »

A different kind of walk today, this time totally on the lead. The coastal path along the cliffs looks safe, but I am not taking any chances with my new charge, and in any case there are signs everywhere to keep your dog under control (not that everyone takes any notice of course). There were lots of midges about where there were hedgerows, and the path was quite up and down, but a lovely coastal walk with fabulous views. Praa Sands is ideal for surfing, but does have quite a shelf which drops down, so we avoided the actual beach. I was hoping to walk down to a smaller beach off the coastal path, but when we arrived, sadly the sign blocked our way, so only one of Maggie this time, but thought you might like to see where we have been late afternoon. Hope you also had wonderful weather today. Greetings from Cornwall, from lovely butter lips and myself.
Lin

Harley in Paradise, so full of love and joy. (adopted 2.7.07 from MKF. Passed away 3.02.12 at just 9 years).
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Maggie walks the coastal path between Praa Sands & Kenne

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Great pictures of beautiful Maggie and the gorgeous Cornish coast. I have never been to Cornwall and really enjoy your pics.

Hilary
LindaMJ
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by LindaMJ »

Thank you Hilary, I love it here, have only lived here three years, I call it Paradise. There is so much space and natural beauty, its a feast of joy every day.
Maggie has settled so easily, and she is the sweetest dog. I am very fortuante. You will have to make the trip here one day and take a look.
Lin

Harley in Paradise, so full of love and joy. (adopted 2.7.07 from MKF. Passed away 3.02.12 at just 9 years).
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lin the photo's look great and what a lovely place to live. Maggie is looking so good and well settled. :love2: :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Oh what a fantastic place to live... you're so lucky! :love3:

Beautiful photos! :love5:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

Thanks for the stunning photos Lin, we took our children to Cornwall when they were small and stayed near Cambourne. We walked that path once - a lovely walk, of course then we didn't have a dog (I Worked full-time) but your photos brought back lovely memories. Maggie looks stunning and if her doginality ha rubbed off on her pups, then I am sure that Simba is going to have a loving younger brother who loves all the thing he does.
Yes, I agree with you about people. Someone at work said the other day, when she knew I was getting a puppy,
The conversation went something like this

"Oh, I'd love an Andrex puppy",
"You've seen photos of Simba?"
"Yes"
"Well, he was an Andrex puppy"
"But he's a big dog"
"Well, yes, they grow up"
That's what is so sad, and they don't equate a puppy with the grown dog. nor do they account for the fact that dogs are intelligent. We have been telling Simba about Shiva ever since we knew we were getting him, like telling a child about a new baby, there are some people who are amazed we do that.
However, it is lovely to see Maggie and that laugh!
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
LindaMJ
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by LindaMJ »

Thank you for all your lovely messages. And for the enthusiasm about Cornwall too.
If you are having one of Maggie's puppies, I can tell you her temperament is adoreable. I may post a separate message to describe her for the new puppy owners. She is very sweet natured, very affectionate, loves a cuddle, well behaved, but like any young dog, needs to be reminded sometimes. She is a very quick learner. When I got her she would have the tendency to leap out of the car the moment the door opens. Already she is sitting and waiting until I say go. I could not have dreampt of some a great outcome with Maggie, she is everything I could have wished for. Goodluck with your puppy :love3:
Lin

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

More lovely pictures of fabulous countryside, Maggie must think it's wonderful too. O'h such a smiley face she has :love2: :love2: says it all really - one happy Labrador

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador