Chocky xxx

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

kathryn1979

Chocky xxx

Post by kathryn1979 »

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know how well she has settled in with us. We have renamed her Chance. She is such a a happy little girlie, her tail never stops wagging!! Wolfie our border collie is slowly getting used to her and has started following her round and giving her kisses. He tried to pretend he didnt like her at first but no one can resist those gorgeous brown eyes!! :love5:

She is loving the long walks around Yarrow Valley and we have discovered her love for water and swimming!!

Want to say a huge thankyou to the amazing people at the rescue for her, especially Gina and Glenys and I think the work you all do is amazing.

Will keep in touch with more updates and will post some pics when I can figure out how to do it!!

Kathryn and Chance xxxxxxx :love5:
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Chocky xxx

Post by kayj »

Hello and welcome Kathryn,

Congratulations in adopting Chance,love the new name.Wishing you all a lifetime of happiness,look forward to hearing more about her new life.

:love2: :love2: :love2:

Kay.xx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for the update and for giving her a lovely home :love3:
gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillal1 »

Chocky now Chance love her new name :love2: I thought she was beautiful and unique when i first saw her on the site, brilliant that she found a lovely new home so quickly.

Glad wolfie is starting to enjoy having her around for company, he wont be able to resist her womanly charms i am sure.
Thank you for posting would love to see photos when you master it :2019:

Gill,Milly and Lilly.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Hi Kathryn and welcome to the site,

Congratulations on adopting Chance - what a lovely inspiring name. Do you live in the Yarrow Valley? We have fond memories of great breaks there, we used to stay at Rodono and made firm friends with Sandy, Molly and Archie - sadly Archie is now at the bridge - and of course is you know Rodono you will know St Mary's Loch - just beautiful. No wonder chance is enjoying herself.

Would love to see some pics of her and her new friend when you get chance :thumbup:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
kathryn1979

Post by kathryn1979 »

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone. Yarrow valley is a country park very near to where we live in Coppull Lancashire. Some lovely walks round there and Chance is loving it!!

Would like some advice off all you lovely people if you can help...she is perfect in every way, lovely temperement and so soft with the kids but she seems to have a dislike to big men!! Had her out on a walk last night with wolfie and they were both off lead playing really nicely. At the other side of the park a man came walking up and she bolted towards him barking and wouldnt come back when I called!

I know she wouldnt do anything nasty but the poor man was terrified at this big brown dog flying over to him making such a racket!! Put her straight back on her lead after and she knew I wasnt happy with her!!

Also a couple of days ago a man came to the house delivering a package, and because it was large he brought it in the house for me. She was fine with him until he came in the house and then started making lots of noise!! She doesnt look aggressive in any way but to someone who doesnt know dogs I would imagine she would look quite scary!

Any advice as to how to deal with this?? She is such a softy and this just seems so out of character. :2019:
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

Try getting large men to throw treats at her as she approaches.
Being a lab she might make the connection and end up begging from any man she meets. :1958:
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Kathryn,

For advice from John,rewrite the problem in Johns Words of Wisdom.John will respond.

Kay.xx
kathryn1979

Post by kathryn1979 »

Ok will do, thanks a lot xxx :bighug:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update on Chance - love the new name, welcome to the site too :love3:

Ann x