Brandy

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Brandy

Post by 12_paws »

I had Zak and Kobe (entire males) when I adopted Max (neutered). I remember that they had one fall out over food after a few days and I fed Max seperately after that and gave treats equally, always in the same name order, and they got on fine.
Max was nearly 12yr we think when we got Harley & Diesel as pups. We put him an alternative bed in the hall and a stairgate across the door so if he chose to take himself off for peace and quiet or we were popping out for a bit we could shut the gate and the lads couldn't hassle him!
Now they know the rules and are less boisterous towards him, Max tends to retire to his bed in the lounge again and watch the goings on so the gate has gone.
Then early last year we adopted Rosie who was 12. The lads give her a quick face wash sometimes which she seems to really like but mostly she doesn't really interact with the others, just fitted in quietly, potters around almost unnoticed as though she just belonged and has always chosen to go off to the hall for her beauty sleep.
Labs are generally so good natured and sociable aren't they ? If Brandy reacts well with others I'm sure that it will be good for both of you to have another friend. Good luck!
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Brandy07

Post by Brandy07 »

Thank you . What a lovely photograph .... bless them ...
thank you so much for your help. I am going to adopt another I have decided .it seems it just takes a bit of getting them settled and yes they are so loving and laid back i shouldnt imagine it would take long.
My last old boy who left me 5 years ago really disliked other dogs which was unusual for a Lab , he disliked Labs especially black ones . He was black too !!! I adopted him because he used to fight . I think that is why I have been put off having two .

Will keep you posted. xx
warrengl
Senior User
Senior User

Post by warrengl »

Good luck... hope you and Brandy find another forever friend! :love2: :love3:
Gill xx

Coco
Gone from our sight, but never our memories
Gone from our touch, but never our hearts
Makky