Bobby (from Bobby and Charlie)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bobsdad
New User
New User

Bobby (from Bobby and Charlie)

Post by bobsdad »

Briefly, just to complete the Bobby and Charlie story this is about Bobby.
We adopted Bobby (the black one) in mid December (15th) following the loss of our yellow lab Millie after 14 years together. Its the first time we've taken a rescue dog and boy have we been lucky!!
Bobby is now living in rural mid Cheshire and settled in remarkably quickly.Has turned out to have a wondefrfully calm temperament and is loved by all including his next door neighbour and new friend lab Cooper. He walks beautifully on the lead is good in the house and we were confident enough to let him run free after just a few days- recall, like for Charlie, is excellent. No problem with other dogs

He is a a dedicated ball retriever and would do it all day (if my shoulder would allow) just like another 'working strain' lab (Beth) we used to have. He surprised us by collecting and delivering the post and newspapers from the front door

We took him to the vets in early January to complete his vacinations and he was given a clean bill of health apart from two slightly damaged teeth, probably caused by chewnig or fetching stones Hopefully no other problems will emerge

Many thanks to Glenys,Gina and the team. Looking at the rehoming record I'm just amazed. Clearly your all doing a vital job
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Bobby (from Bobby and Charlie)

Post by Johndale »

Lovely update Bob's Dad (& of course a big welcome to the Forum)......Bobby sounds to have settled into his new life with you remarkably well. I am so glad his adoption has been a success.

Wishing you all many happy years together.

We love photos....any chance??

John & Teddyxx :2373:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Loveley update. I agree, we do love piccys on here if you can get the hang of it.

I seem to fall for all the Bob's on here, and the George's, and Reuben, and Teddy and Toby and Fudge.......I could go on and on and on.

Wishing you all a long and happy life together.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a great update :1951: :1951: :1951: :1951:

When I chat to people, there seems to be a train of thought that a rescue dog is a problem dog. I put them right! It was so nice to read your post, and you can see from the re-homing record that the re-homing of a rescue dog isn't exactly a lost cause!

We've always had rescue dogs - always will. We have Jess and Tilly, two gorgeous black girls whose temperaments can't be faulted. Jess is partially sighted and was dumped (almost certainly because of her sight) and the only reason Tilly was in rescue was because her owner died. We are so lucky to have two of the most gorgeous, wonderful dogs we could wish for.

Here's to many more years of happiness for you and Bobby... :beerandwhistle:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Newone
New User
New User

Post by Newone »

So happy to hear about Charlie's brother! :love6: Good to hear he also settled very well!

Charlie is exactly the same- very calm, perfect recall, excellent with other dogs( were very important to us as we have another lab) and ball's lover!
They are excellent dogs- Bobby and Charlie, aren't they? :1951:
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras
bobsdad
New User
New User

Post by bobsdad »

In response to popular demand, several pics of Bobby soon after joining us. Find photographing black dogs indoors a bit of a challenge. Will take some outdoor shots when the weather improves. Also not sure how to append pics as I'm using Ubuntu operating system

/home/peter/P1000450.JPG
/home/peter/P1000451.JPG
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Wishing you the warmest of welcomes (on the coldest of days!)
Pity, but your photo posting has not been a success.. we typically upload photos to 'photobucket', copy the IMG code and then paste it into our message for the image to appear. There is a full explanation on the main site topics :1939:
Please persevere as I have to confess that Bobby caught my eye when he appeared on the rehoming pages. He had one of the faces that 'spoke to me' if you know what I mean :1939:
We have a wonderful rescue lab, Toby. We were so lucky to have been adopted by the greatest lab that ever came through the rescue :1968: :1968: (I'm sure we all think that!)
Bobby sounds like an absolute sweetheart. Looking forward to updates.. and photos in due course :P
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

I have to confess my eyes are leaking now. I am so pleased you have posted about Bobby as that now completes the picture of how two lovely dogs came into rescue and now have a wonderful forever home each.

I hope you get the hang of the pictures as we would love to see Bobby.

Hope to hear more of his adventures and thank you for giving Bobby his forever home. Rescue dogs are so special and he will pay you back a 1000 times over.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
bobsdad
New User
New User

Post by bobsdad »

bobsdad
New User
New User

Post by bobsdad »

Tried to send pics again using photobucket. no joy. Cant find any instructions on main site either I must be dense!!
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

There you go! He's totally gorgeous :love5: :love5: :love5:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Lovely update on Bobby & welcome to the site :occasion7: so glad he has settled in with you too.

Great pictures of your handsome boy

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

What a great update on Bobby! A very handsome boy too! :thumbup:
bobsdad
New User
New User

Post by bobsdad »

Dear Willow

Thanks for digging me out of a hole with the pics. Must have copied the wrong sort of link from photobucket. Hope i have better luck next time.
twig28
Senior User
Senior User

Post by twig28 »

So pleased Bobby has settled. What a luvly dog. Wonderful pictures. :love2:
Amy, Steve
Tilly, Meisha, Pip, Coco and Mazy
Miss our old girl everyday. RIP darling Katy.