The Loss of our Beautiful girl MEG today at 5.08

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Re: The Loss of our Beautiful girl MEG today at 5.08

Post by Melliott »

Beautiful pics

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
chloe69red
New User
New User

Post by chloe69red »

So very sad to hear about your devastating loss.
Our hearts and thoughts are with you all. You were very brave and she will know this
:3515:
our beautiful Cracker ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
CarolynM
Webbyswife
Webbyswife

Post by CarolynM »

I remember Meg and am so sorry to hear the sad news.

She had a wonderful life with you in her final years - her pictures are lovely, such a smily labrador face.

Run free Meg
Carolyn
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

When I had to make a similar decision last year about our dog Zak, it absolutely broke my heart. But a very good friend came to my rescue, and as she hugged me she reminded me I had given Zak the greatest gift of all - the release from his suffering.

At the time, I don't think I really understood what she was getting at, as my grief was so raw, but on reflection her words have me great comfort and I know that Meg, like Zak, has gone to the Bridge knowing just how much she was loved and cherished.

I hope in some small way this helps you like it helped me through - I still miss my boy Zak but I can smile now as well as cry when I think of him

:bighug: from Lynn
megrescue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by megrescue »

Thankyou for all the lovely comments they are very comforting and to Lynn, I am also a Lynne and I find your words very comforting we are indeed heartbroken without our girl, I have been lucky enough to have 3 wonderful labs in my life, my first beautiful boy Shaun for 13 years we grew up together. My second beautiful boy was Sam and we brought him home when we were first married and he saw my children grow we had him for 12 years. I said then I could not go through the pain of losing another, and then a friend brought her lovely girl brought home from the lab rescue to see us. I happened to look on the site and there was our beautiful Meg what can I say the plan we had had 22 years before seemed to go out of the window about no more labs for us. As heartbroken and bereft as we are without our wonderful girl we would not have missed a minute of our time together and our hearts go out to the other lab mums and dads that have lost their precious fur babies :love2:
megrescue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by megrescue »

Dear Lynn thankyou so much for your very kind words of comfort
I know you know how we feel at the loss of our wonderful girl Meg as you also know the pain of the decision we had to make, and I do agree that as your friends words of comfort helped, my family and especially our daughters support has been very comforting.As you say its still very raw but im sure that as you say eventually we will find that amongst our tears the good memories will come in as well and as you know with your Zac as with our Meg there are many happy times and adventures to remember thankyou once again for your kindness and comforting words they really do help to know we made the right decision to let Meg go to the bridge Best Wishes Lynne :love2:
Lynn Molloy
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Lynn Molloy »

Hi Lynne

No thanks needed, although I'm so pleased that the advice I was given has been helpful to you all. Zak had heart failure and seemed to be responding to treatment but during the humidity of last summer (yes, it was warm at some point last summer!) he went into a serious decline and couldn't get up the stairs without gasping for breath - it was the look in his eyes as he cried that convinced me I couldn't put off the decision to let him go.

I'd already rung our vet that evening who have me advice and to.d me to bring Zak in at 8am the next day. It was only afterwards I realised he doesn't open till 8.30 but he had got there early to afford me some dignity whilst saying goodbye to Zak. We had a walk and a chat (even though he was stone deaf!) and I held him right to the end as he went to sleep!

I felt huge guilt for allowing him to be pts as my husband was working away and wouldn't be home for 2 weeks, and didn't have the opportunity to say goodbye to his buddy, but I knew in my heart to delay was selfish as he was in pain. I miss him every day but I can smile now when I recall how contrary he could be and he was the most prolific cake their!!

We also swore we wouldn't have anymore pets as our grief was so overwhelming. However, our elderly spaniel was pining and I have to admit I pulled a fast one on Jon and found Pippa, our lab baby through a rescue site. I knew my issue was getting her over the doorstep so I told him we were fostering her … within 36 hours he was smitten and that was that :love5:

Not sure I'll ever cough to that little deceit lol

Anyway, I'm glad I've been of help in some way … my family and friends got me through and so will your's

And hopefully Meg will find Zak at the Bridge and they can run free together

Lynn :love5:
TraceySmith
New User
New User

Post by TraceySmith »

So sorry to learn of your sad news.
We are thinking of you.

The Smiths and Buddie xx
SusanKerr
Senior User
Senior User

Post by SusanKerr »

Yet another very sad posting - run free at the bridge Meg - you were very very loved.
Simbasmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Simbasmum »

What lovely photos - the laugh - the cheeky monkey look - Run Free Meg, for you were truly loved
When one door closes another door ALWAYS opens- and we may never know what the grand plan is, but believe me, the universe will give you everything you deserve if you just have faith. Karma is a beautiful thing.
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

So sorry to read this, Meg sounded such a special girl. Thinking of you all :love3: :love3:

Run free darling Meg

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
maggie09
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by maggie09 »

Run free darling meg,Thinking of you all at this very sad time. Happy memories of your darling girl will be with you always.
WITH LOVE SUE &BRIANXXX :blue: :3515: :2383:
Sue... (Woof, Maggie, Bryn and Max's Mum)