Heartfelt thanks for the messages regarding my Meg

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

megrescue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Heartfelt thanks for the messages regarding my Meg

Post by megrescue »

I would lke to thank all the wonderful people that sent us messages regarding my wonderful girl Meg who we lost yesterday. In my lifetime i have had 3 lovely labs. When i was 7 years old my parents took me to pick my puppy or should i say he picked me I called him Shaun we were together until i was 19.When i got married we bought our first house and we went back to Cookridge kennels it was meant to be as a litter had been born the day i phoned as the owners were now retired . I could not believe our luck we again had a gorgeous boy 12 weeks old we called him Sam, we had to bring him home from Tadcaster as when we got Shaun we lived in Yorkshire. He was so good on the journey home and continued to be a wonderful boy until we lost him 12 years later. He was there for me always and when my children came along he loved them as much as us my daughter was 6 and my son was 3 we were heartbroken we said we could not go through that again, 22 years later after a dear friend brought home her beautiful girl from the rescue and brought her to see us, i myself then went onto the website to have a look, and lo and behold there was our wonderful Meg looking for a carer we came to see her and we fell in love with her i consider myself so lucky to have had 2 lovely boys and our special girl Meg, i feel they are all together now and we will all be together again as the poem says in Rainbow Bridge, again thankyou for letting me post my thoughts and again a huge thankyou for your support :love2: