An update on dear Old Joey

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

An update on dear Old Joey

Post by Glenys »

Remember Joey he had been badly beaten and illtreated then he came to us then went to Gina for a short time then found a new Mum Helen who we thank very much for her love and care of Joey

Hi Gina

Thanks for emailing - fingers crossed Joey is doing really well; Michelle Lingard was surprised how well he came through the operation and although they cant say he is 100% clear, they are are quietly confident all will be ok.

He has done well getting over his arthritis flare up in September and now he is just on PLTs daily, cartrophen every 4 weeks and acupuncture every 4 weeks. After Christmas I want to get him back swimming as I know he loved it and it did him a lot of good.

I have attached some photos of our holiday in Scotland - he seemed to enjoy it and was so well behaved in the hotel. During meal times he just lay under the table but soon sussed out that food was also being supplied to other tables as well as ours!

I know this sounds soppy but he is in many ways such a different character now from the dog who came to the rescue - he is cheeky, wilful and very accepting of our routine, but always loving and loyal; he must have been so frightened when I put him in the car and drove away from your house yet never showed any agression.

We are going to my aunts for the day tomorrow. They also have a little old dog and my sister is bringing her two rescue dogs so the challenge will be to keep him quiet and not to bounce around all day - silly old sod!

I was thinking, when you do the write up on Joey can you give a few name checks to people who have helped him and are responsible for his wellbeing and care... Julie Sadler for her advice on homeopathic diet and supplements, Julie and Margaret Siverns for T-touch massage, Michelle Lingard (acupuncture) and all at Moy Farm for his general care, and Anne and Ruth at Teazledown swimsafe.

Helen and Joey

http://www.moyfarmvets.co.uk/news/star-patient.shtml
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: An update on dear Old Joey

Post by Lins »

What a wonderful update on "the silly old sod" :rofl:

Thank you so much for sharing. Old Joey is obviously doing very well and is a much loved member of the family. :love3: :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Joey sounds an adorable old silly sod. I hope you are having. Lovely time with all the playmates you have today :love2: :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Oh Joey you are gorgeous :love5: I'm so happy you have the lovely life you deserve. :love2:
Emma
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Gorgeous Joey, so pleased you are doing well, you look so happy on your picture.

Thanks for the update

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home