MALCOLM - love at first sight!!!

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Re: MALCOLM - love at first sight!!!

Post by Judynjake04 »

Congratulations on adopting Malcolm, I'm sure you will have bundles of fun times together.
:2385:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

:occasion7: Congratulations on adopting Malcom!
Really pleased for you that the wait has ended and you have found the boy for you!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
lisab5500

Post by lisab5500 »

HI everyone, me again!! i thought i was quite computer savvy but this photo thing has stumped me.
I am trying to insert a photo but when I right click in the reply box on lab rescue a paste icon doesnt come up. Ive copied the image from both photobucket, microsoft office and windows paint?
What am I doing wrong?
Ta x :2019:
Hazel
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Hazel »

On a Macbook/ipad/ipod click on 'E :3497: dit' in safari ribbon then click on 'paste' on drop down to export pic address/ img. if a PC I am sure the dream team can help.
Kim/Hazel
lisab5500

Post by lisab5500 »

Yippee, a big thanks to Gary for telling me how to put up the photos - here goes!!
Malcolm has come on a treat in the 7 days since we brought him home. He is the most willing dog I have known and just wants to be with you all time. Its lovely to have a shadow again. I was a bit surprised when he didnt know how to climb the stairs but there is no stopping him now and he follows us everywhere - even into the shower (I think my little boy encourages that! :1968: )
I did use the cage that Glenys loaned me for the first couple of nights but he hated going in there, so much so that I had to shove him in which wasnt pleasant for any of us - I dont think he liked it much. Anyway, he now sleeps on his bed in the kitchen and is a superstar, no whining, he just sleeps all night. And what a greeting we get each morning. My little boy has taken to going downstairs first to let him out for a wee and then feeds him, all I can hear is giggles - malcolm then comes flying up the stairs for a cuddle from me (still in bed!) leaving bit of dinner all over my duvet! :love2:
I have left him a couple of times and he is great but most days he comes into the office with me.

Ive just moved into my house, which was derelict and I still have lots to do but I now have a helper!!

and the builders have a helper also!!

Taking him out for a walk is still hard work but he is learning. He goes bananas when other dogs or people approach, he jumps about 6 foot high and nearly drags me over!! Im going to look for an obedience class over the next couple of weeks and hopefully that will help. We go out for a walk round the park with my neighbours and their 5mth old black labtwice a day and he is great with her. Its like he has never been walked out before and everything is new and exciting, even poeple riding bikes sends him into a frenzy.

Hope everyone has enjoyed Malcolms update - we are very pleased we found him, I think is he happy we found him too!!! I will post some more updates soon.
xx :love5:
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Such a lovely update; Malcolm is GORGEOUS :love6:
I may be biased as we have a big, choccie boy too :1966:
Have you tried Malc with a halti? We used one temporarily when Toby went through a funny guarding phase in our very early days. He didn't pull, but as I had complete control I could avert his face so he couldn't manage the 'lock-on stare' he was trying to perfect with strangers :1967: (shouldn't laugh) Within a week, the newfound habit was broken and he hasn't worn the halti since but I did find it extremely useful and would recommend you try one to help with the pulling issue.
Malcolm sounds like a typically wonderful lab and a welcome addition to your family :1939:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

lisab5500

Post by lisab5500 »

Thanks Joanna, I first bought a harness but he chewed through it - it didnt help much anyway. I then bought a half choker on Thursday and that didnt help much either so he is back on his normal collar. I once tried a halti on my old girl when she was younger but she used to throw herself to the floor and try to rub it off, she ended up having deep cuts all over her nose. I suppose Im a bit scared of Malcolm doing that also but perhaps its worth a try?? Will keep you posted x
daltonel

Post by daltonel »

Lovely update, halti is the only thing that helps with my chocolate girl, she is just VERY enthusiastic to say hello to everyone, she has no idea that not everyone feels that way!! It has done her wonders and helps a lot. Xx