George

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gillal1
Senior User
Senior User

Re: George

Post by gillal1 »

Hello and welcome to the site :2008:

Congratulations on adopting the very handsome George his coat is beautiful so shiny, he does look very happy and settled :2379: You have done very well posting pictures so quickly it took me weeks to sort.

Enjoy your beautiful boy and hopefully we will see more piccies in the future.

Gill, Milly and Lillyx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

:occasion7: Hello and welcome to this very addictive site.

Congratulations on adopting the very gorgeous George :love5: he definitely looks settled, love the one of him asleep.

I have my own Gorgeous George, a black boy adopted from MKF when he was 10 months old he is now 4 yrs and he's turned out to be our dog in a million.

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures with George.

Joan and Gorgeous George Senior :rofl: :rofl:
Joan and George x
CasaLab
New User
New User

Post by CasaLab »

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I have to say we he has been really well behaved (so far!!!!). A credit to his previous owners.

Strong on the lead, but on his walk tonight, half on lead and half running free he seems a lot less eager to pull ahead. Maybe something to do with the pocketful of treats I had......was even responding to the clicker after just a couple of days.

I'll get some more piccies on when i get a chance.

Darren, Andrea, Thomas and George
CasaLab
New User
New User

Post by CasaLab »

As promised some more piccies and a quick update on George.

Its been 9 days now since we collected him from MKF and he's settled in now like he owns the place.

Took him a week to learn how to climb stairs , but as you can see (from the toothy grin!!!!!), he's worked it out.

Settled into his routine of walks morning and evening, playing (annoying the life out of!!!!!) his 2 new mates and his body clock seems to kick in at around 5 as he reminds us 'it's time' for exercise.

He does sneak onto the sofa when the living room is empty, but hopefully he will soon get the message that it's 'out of bounds'. I think he already knows - but still tries to push it to the limit.

All in all, we are really pleased with him and cant believe how well behaved he has been.

Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

He is gorgeous :love5: He looks funny on the stairs.. still getting to grips with climbing :love2:
What's this rubbish about George not being allowed on the sofa :1967: You can't beat a good sofa snuggle :1939:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

nikkid1208
New User
New User

Post by nikkid1208 »

welcome to the site. How cute is George??? I love the piccie where he is sat between legs on the floor. My black lab archie does the exact same thing when anyone sits on the floor too. Mine can only come on the sofa if it it on my lap on a particular blanket. they go mad when they see it come out and it is a mad dash to get on my lap first!! I am sure you are going to have lots of fun with him judging by his cheek grin! :1968:
Love Nikki, Archie and Rosie doo x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Love the photos :love5: In the one on the stairs he looks so pleased with himself :rofl: if he's anything like my George he will soon be bounding up the stairs two at a a time :rofl:

George Senior has a lovely blue collar too (although ours doesn't look as clean as yours!!) and he's not allowed on the sofa either I sit on the floor with him :1967:

Joan x
Joan and George x
CasaLab
New User
New User

Post by CasaLab »

Your spot on there Joan, up and down stairs at every opportunity now, but i dont mind as my home office is upstairs, so it means he's never short of company.

The sitting between legs bit i guess is a natural response of safety in numbers.

We all know how much they like being around people, I guess the close contact makes them feel safe, as our previous lab would do the same thing, even to the point of harassing me if i was sat on the sofa, until i moved down to the floor.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh he's just so handsome :love5: :love5: :love5:

What is it with these George's? They take the biscuit as far as gorgeous is concerned. :2388: :2388: :2388:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Hi and welcome :o

Sounds like George has landed on all 4 paws and looks so happy and content. He's got such a cute face and love the toothy grin picccy, so cheeky :love5:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x.
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Aw - he's lovely :love5: :love5:

Couldn't help but notice he uses a soft toy for a pillow - our two both do that! In all the years we've had labs, none of them have done this, then we have two and they both do it.

George has landed on all four paws :1951:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Judynjake04
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Judynjake04 »

Hi and welcome
Congratulations on being adopted by George, he loves having his picture taken, I love the one of him on the stairs smiling
:2386:
Leonette, Stuart and Rosie
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Gorgeous pics, George is so handsome. I have to say we have two lovely leather sofas in our house - for the dogs of course, we sit on the floor :1968:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

What a gorgeous boy you have there, I love the toothy grin picture too :1968:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
kayj