Madison (Maddie)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xenotime
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Madison (Maddie)

Post by xenotime »

Hi all xx

It's nearly two weeks since we brought Maddie into our lives and I've finally got around to giving some input on the site :)

First of all I want to thank Glenys, Gina and Carol for their hard work and for being so nice and helpful in finding us a new family member :) Maddie is perfect!!

She settled in absolutely smashing. First couple of days she cried a little but that's to be expected. Once she realised she was loved and had a new big bed and could go up on the couch etc etc she made herself right at home.

She is on her diet and she is walked twice a day (gentle walks at first for her until she gets slimmer and fitter).

She is having her first vet visit next week and then she will visit the vets each week to be weighed so we can monitor her weight loss. (She will be getting cuddles in the vets too to get her used to going there)

She is very much loved by all the family and has had plenty of visitors. She loves her daddy (She is a daddy's girl lol possibly because her daddy takes her for all her walks) and she has her mum and her Aunty Hev. Her uncle Danny visits often and then there's grandma and grandad and uncle Stephen LOL.

She loves her carrot sticks and the occasional milky bone biscuit (sadly not too many until the weight has gone) but I'm afraid the pieces of fruit were sniffed and looked at in utter disgust LOL

She hasn't done one wrong thing... no accidents in the house and she is well mannered and gentle. She's a bit strong on the lead but her daddy is sorting that out. It's not a problem at all and she is learning quickly.

So I'll get some photos up on site and you can all see how happy she is (and we are too!!)

Many many thanks again for all the hard work that's put in at Labrador rescue. To have jobs and family commitments and dogs of your own, you are angels putting your spare time to such a good cause. Hats off to you!!! xxx :thumbup:

Ang and gang x (and Miss Maddie the very happy labrador) x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Madison (Maddie)

Post by Lins »

What a lovely update. I'm sure all at MKF will enjoy reading this post, as all of us will.

Glad Maddie has settled in well. Good luck with the weight loss. It's hard work but worth it in the end. I know, cos I've been there, done that and bought the T Shirt. :1967:

Looking forward to more posts and piccys. :thumbup:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

What a lovely update, sounds like Maddie has found a wonderful home :love5:

Good luck with the weight loss.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Lovely update, thank you for giving Maddie her forever home :love5:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home