Indie (India)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ruth61

Indie (India)

Post by Ruth61 »

:2378: Well we've had our Indie for not quite two weeks now. What an absolute treasure she is. We're still getting to know her, and she us, but all is going pretty well.
She loves being off the lead in open spaces where she is safe to explore, and luckily we have plenty of those near us. She's been to the vets and had her jabs - she didn't like that too much but then neither would I :-(
She doesn't like noises though, especially traffic, and freezes in terror at any sign of a moving vehicle. I had to carry her home the other day - luckily not too far as she's not light - she wasn't going to move for anything and after sitting with her, talking and stroking her for 20 minutes or so, I had no option really. We've found a good dog behaviourist/trainer who is going to work with us to help de-sensitise her.
She's very friendly towards other dogs and has no problem with people - nor our own car, thank goodness, as we have to get her in that before we can get her to the great outdoors, living in a town as we do lol.
Will keep you updated with her progress around traffic.
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Indie (India)

Post by 12_paws »

Hello and welcome,
lovely to hear that Indie has settled so well with you, even if you did have to give her a lift home - not an easy operation I bet :1953: Otherwise, sounds like you've already had some fun together :2379:
A picture or two would be lovely when you have a moment,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

India is a lovely girl thank you for the update .
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a lovely update. Indie sounds lovely, and she has a lovely name. :love2:

Our Mollie was noise phobic. She was ok with traffic, but there were a couple of occasions when we had to carry her home from our local park. On thinking back, as time went on, she was frightened of most noises except traffic, so we had a different set of problems to you.

I'm sure you'll get some good advice about this from your trainer.
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Another lovely update, Indie sounds a gorgeous girl :love5: and I love her name :thumbup:

Good luck with the trainer I'm sure you will be able to overcome her fears with time and patience - good luck.

My niece rescued an abused lab who was being trained to the gun, his fear was getting out of a vehicle as he'd been taken to shoots and then beaten when he got there, so he equated getting out the car with being given a good hiding. :2008: It took her a few months but he soon realised his old life was over and trips in the car meant fun and long walks :lol:

Joan x
Joan and George x
Ruth61

Post by Ruth61 »

Indie's taken to gardening :love3: - not sure if my Cordyline will survive but India certainly enjoyed herself trying to uproot it.
She's been having fab fun with a half used bag of compost/soil that her new Dad had left out (obviously just for her pleasure- not) - serves him right - now perhaps he'll work on clearing up our modest little patch ... Good for Indie :rofl:
Not sure how to upload images here - any tips would be gratefully received ?