Remember Little Lady ? ANOTHER UPDATE

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Remember Little Lady ? ANOTHER UPDATE

Post by Glenys »

Little Lady she was the dear sweet and very sad little girl she was a breeding machine and due to be shot by farmer :1001: :1001: ...................... ( now called Bess new life new name)

Her story is on dogs successfully rehomed

Hello Glenys,

Don't humans do some funny things! Harold took me a walk to see a strange thing he called the sea. I don't know what he expected me to do so I just sat and looked at it and then he took me home.

He rolls a round thing down the drive and says fetch- no I haven't a clue what he means by that one either.

Pat kept holding a biscuit under my nose and I've finally twigged that one, she wants me to eat it. Anything to make them happy!

Every morning he takes me to what he calls my "dumping ground" This one I get ! I also get a treat for 'dumping', now there's a novelty.

I've met lots of other humans who all say how lovely I am and how lucky Harold and Pat are to have me.

Oh! I almost forget, the other day I saw a great big fluttery thing she calls a pheasant on the garage roof and I made this strange loud noise, they call it a bark and apparently its normal.

I'm having a bit of trouble with my tail, it won't stop wagging. Oops! there it goes again!

Anyway thats all for now so I'm attaching a photo of me posing among the daffodils in the garden. I think the Arnside air is suiting me don't you?

Love Bess ( Formerly Little Lady)

Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Remember Little Lady ?

Post by JoanG »

Glenys that brought a tear to my eye what a wonderful update. I had to smile at the image of Bess just sitting looking at the sea give her a few months of a loving family home and she will blossom and realise that all these new experiences are FUN :thumbup: what a beautiful girl :love5: she is too :love4:

My niece has rescued several dogs one an ex gamekeeper's dog it took her a year before he behaved as a "normal" family dog would and then Ben, the very badly abused boy who still has some issues but is very happy and enjoys life and then Pippin, an ex breeding bitch she loves her home and family but can be a bit bossy with other dogs as she's getting older. All of them had no idea how to live in a home with children but all have had a very happy fun filled life and adapted really well.

Joan x
Joan and George x
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

What a stunner you are Bess.

I really admire all that Glenys and her team do at the rescue.

I just wonder what would happen to all these beautiful fur babies if it wasn't for you all.

Bess your story was a beautiful one and don't worry baby girl you will learn to play with that ball and swim in the sea when your ready.

For you lovely Bess :love4: :1951: :love4:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

Wow Bess - you are a darling! I think we could all do with some of that Arnside air!

So happy for you and your new family.

:love5: :love5: :love5:

Love

Pat, Zach, Jake and Yogi

x x x x
Ruth61

Post by Ruth61 »

Oh Bess, you are a real stunner and I'm so pleased you have found such a wonderful home :bighug: you are obviously very happy and contented - your photo screams it out loud :love5:

Love Ruth, Pete and Indie
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a beautiful girl with a lovely name. :love5:
That brought a tear to my eye. You will learn to have even more fun very soon little Bess.
Jackie
max31
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by max31 »

:1951: :1951: :1951: :1951:
Bess is a lovely name for you. I remember collecting you from your previous home, what a sad eyed little lady you were, I have never seen such a sad looking dog. But hey, Aunty Glenys and Uncle Sam (what treasures they both are) have come up trumps once again and found you a lovely forever home. Many thanks to Harold and Pat for this lovely update and pic (what a difference to the dog I last saw) :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Corinne xxxxxx
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Well, talk about extremes of existence. Dear, sweet Bess seems to have been transported to Paradise; a place where she most certainly belongs :love2:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Maggie May
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Maggie May »

Oh Bess, what a lovely update. You are so beautiful :love5: and I hope you have a lovely time with your new family. :1972: I am so pleased for you.

Labrador hugs from Maggie :2379: and a :bighug: from me.

Love Kay and Maggie xx
Kay
Kimbo

Post by Kimbo »

Lovely that this gorgeous girl has finally found a super pet home but it made me a little sad too. Because my Cavalier girl, Ruby, was also a puppy farm breeding girl for 5 years and even tho she's lived with us for over 2 years she still doesnt play ball, bark o have a game of chase with her "new" brother. I dont think she ever will. It breaks your heart sometimes.
So heres to all those dear souls tortured in puppy farms....lets get them out and into places they will be loved :3515:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Bless her little heart :love2: . What a fantastic turnaround for Bess. She looks beautiful on her photo. Fantastic success story. :1939:
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

Bess you are beautiful! I am so glad you have found such a lovely home, I am sure you will soon learn how to play ball and have fun. X
Yvonne (and Molly)
jcourbet
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by jcourbet »

What an amazing story. You are so pretty. I think your dad is spoiling you rotten, you so deserve to be.

It makes you wonder what would happen to beautiful dogs without the rescue to support them.

Have a wonderful life, learning to play ball and hopefully you will be swimming in the sea soon.

:love2: :love5:
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Yes we remember little lady, love her name now, it suits her.

Thank you Harold and Pat for giving Bess a loving forever home :love5:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Gosh Bess crying reading your update but at least now they are happy tears :love5:

Bess so happy you have found a wonderful home where you are clearly loved and cherished and gosh what a gorgeous girl you have blossomed into :love2:

Glenys, Sam and team you are amazing what you do in finding these wonderful labs forever homes cos without you where would many of them be today :love3:

Love Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.