IZZY - Adopted Dec 2013

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IZZY123
New User
New User

IZZY - Adopted Dec 2013

Post by IZZY123 »

My husband and I lost our golden lab (Zippy) sadly in 2011 due to complications from epilepsy, we had had him from a puppy and to lose him just 1 day after his 10th birthday seemed far too soon. After losing Zippy it soon became apparent that we missed not sharing our life with a Labrador and so after careful consideration we registered with Labrador Rescue in October 2013 and were soon matched with Izzy.

Izzy is a beautiful black Labrador of gun dog stock who was 3 at the time of adoption. Sadly she could no longer we worked as a gun dog due to a terrible fear of gun shot noise and bangs. We met Izzy on a Saturday morning early December and instantly fell in love with her - she was playful and loving and had the craziest wagging tail that hasn't stopped wagging in 6 months.

Having never had a female dog we were plunge into a world of new territory almost immediately as were told by our vet she was in season within our first week!!! Thus delaying the planned spay operation. She then unfortunately went into a 3 month long false pregnancy which unnerved her together with all the changes. She finally had a spay operation in March and is now a very happy girl.

We took her to the Lake District recently for a weeks holiday and she loved running in and out of the lakes chasing toys. She is an absolutely adorable girl who is as happy sitting having a cuddle as running around chasing a ball.

Thank you very much to Labrador Rescue for finding Izzy for us she is very special and very much loved.

(Have tried to attach a photo but not sure how?)

Lots of love
Jenni and Robert Latham
:bighug:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: IZZY - Adopted Dec 2013

Post by Glenys »

That is a lovely update thank you and for the kind words if you send me the pics I can upload them.

Best wishes Glenys
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

Fabulous update :1951: :1951:

Izzy has landed herself a Five Star life and home! Lucky girl.

Reading updates like this make you realise what a great job Rescue do. Lovely homes for dogs and mending broken hearts into the bargain!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Lovely update, understand the false pregnancy thing, our Millie had one and it played havoc with her hormones. Glad all sorted now.

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Thank you so much for your update on Izzy. I love to read these updates, it makes all the efforts (and then some) that the team put in even more worthwhile. :love3:
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and by the sound of it Izzy has landed on all 4 paws :1971:

Glad everything is sorted now and that Izzy has brought happiness back into your lives :love5:

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Well done Izzy for bring so much happiness to your owners. :love5:

Glad you are all sorted now. :thumbup:

Would love to see them photo's.
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

What a lovely update! So pleased to hear that Izzy has brought you such love and happiness. :1951: :1951:
Yet another happy ending! Thank you to all those whose hard work made it possible :love3: :love3:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018
IZZY123
New User
New User

Post by IZZY123 »

Many thanks to everyone for the lovely comments (Glenys I have emailed you some pics of Izzy), Izzy has enjoyed another lazy sunday in the sun and diving/swimming for her toys in the river at Garstang.