Roddy learns to swim

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Roddy learns to swim

Post by arlyj »

I know he's not strictly a labrador (we refer to him as a labracor), but by nature I believe he qualifies, so in preparation of a new Roddy adventure currently being worked on, I'd like to share a lovely moment from earlier this year.

As I said in previous thread, the 1st time we took Roddy to the loch he jumped in out of his depth and got a real fright :shock: After this he was a bit scared to go in the water and even Buster the big woos who loves water but wont swim couldn't tempt him in.

Late May, we headed off to the loch again. It was a lovely sunny day.

Buster went straight into the water up to his oxters as usual. Roddy was nervous and stayed by the edge, just dipping his toes in the water

Buster was wading out for sticks then suddenly he just started to swim :o It was a very proud moment for us and took us by surprise, but not as much as what happened next.................
......................wait for me............................

c'mon Roddy nearly there...

...and then they swam.....

...and swam....

...and then went home to celebrate with a spot of rough and tumble in the garden

Ax
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Brilliant, i just love those little short legs :D he is such a little cutie, its lovely to see them so happy.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Is that the boy from Ireland ? he looks so happy.

We like nearly Labs too :)

Well just look at my motley crewe on my avatar 8)
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Glenys wrote:Is that the boy from Ireland ?
Yes it is - formerly Rodney or Raaaadney (mock Irish accent) as he is still called when his is being a naughty boy, which is often lol

Ax
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Oh it's lovely to Roddy again - what a sweetie he is!!! Looks very happy in his new (ish) home!! Course he counts as a lab - just a quirky one!!!
Gemma xx
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Lovely photos of Roddy and Buster. Which loch was it?
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
natty

Post by natty »

Brill :lol: :lol:
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Little Rodney I remember him, when he came in Sam told me to go and take a look in the kennels we have a mini labrador in, :) I thought he was smashing, lovely pics thankyou for sharing them with us...
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Ohhh!! I remember Roddy. He's such a cutie. Well done boy that you have mastered the art of swimmimg - more that Buddie has! :D
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

My mum adopted Roddy so she gets all the credit for his condition. We just dognap him from time to time cos he is the loveliest natured and happy wee man and he and Buster get on really well. One of these days we might just forget to return him lol (sorry mum, don't mean it)

Aileen, the loch is Loch Leven, Perth & Kinross. It's very close to where my mum stays and the dogs love it.

Arlyn x
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

He looks great. I remember having my heart strings pulled by him when he was at the rescue.
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
cnocluinge

Post by cnocluinge »

Hey Roddy formally Rodney...yes thats our boy from LAW. He is a minitature labrador. New breed from Ireland!!!!! Very handy size...not too big :shock: .
Delighted to see you Roddy, looks like life is good and I am soooo proud of your swimming. Well done young man. You are just the most georgeous boy and I just loved cuddling you when you were here.
Considering what a narrow escape you had its wonderful to see you so happy in your forever home. Kisses and more cuddles from Ann & I.
You are so scrummy and Buster looks so nice too.
cnocluinge

Post by cnocluinge »

Gemma T wrote:Oh it's lovely to Roddy again - what a sweetie he is!!! Looks very happy in his new (ish) home!! Course he counts as a lab - just a quirky one!!!
Gemma xx
You are going to love this....Roddy came from LAW to Glenys and I looked after him, my second name is Quirke so I guess he really is a quirkey boy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: