Henry

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mum of Henry

Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

First of all I would like to thank Glenys and the ' team' for the great work they all do. I lost my beloved dog Charlie last Xmas due to old age (16) and my cat Katie 2 months ago due to a tumour, I swore I would never have another pet :roll: .

My daughter told me about this wonderful rescue centre she had found on the internet, Since that day I was hooked, we went to look at the Labs and the moment I spotted Henry I knew he was the one for me, I have had him for two weeks now and he has become part of my life.

The first week was stressful for me and him, he pulled all my curtains down, ripped up my suite and bit through my upvc door :shock: .

He has settled down nicely now and seems to know that when I have to go out ,I WILL BE BACK :) I can not imagine my life now without the lovey Henry.
Once again thankyou to all concerned Margaret
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Hi margaret,i remember your daughter posting about the problems with henry when you first got him home, i,m so glad he has started to settle, there usually are a few teething problems with rescue dogs so a bit of perseverance is needed, thank you for sticking it out & giving him his forever home, we would love to see some pics.

jan xx
It is never too late.
Mum of Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

Thanks Jan, I have taken some pictures of Henry and as soon as I get my head round how to do it I will post them on here ( it may take a while) :?

margaret
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Lovely to hear that Henry has settled down - sorry about the damage though!!

It makes you wonder what he went through before to make his separation anxiety so acute?? Glad he's finding his feet and trust now.
Gemma x
Mum of Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

Thanks Gemma , He seems really content now Image

Hope this picture works
Mum of Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

Oh my goodness IT WORKED>
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

With face a face that lovely - no wonder you could for give him!!!
Gemma x
Mum of Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

Another one of Henry
zaraandmax

Post by zaraandmax »

im so glad my 2 cant see the screen otherwise they wud be packing their bags to move in with u :lol:
Mum of Henry

Post by Mum of Henry »

:shock: what ever you do DONT SHOW THEM THE SCREEN :D
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Henry is a seriously cute boy! Gorgeous!
Emma
zaraandmax

Post by zaraandmax »

Mum of Henry wrote::shock: what ever you do DONT SHOW THEM THE SCREEN :D
if my 2 did come to yours then you would have what i wud love a set of three (zara is black and max is brown) + a yellow henry
i keep looking at soho, hes the same age as my 2 it wud b great to have another 1 but my terraced house is rather full :cry:
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Hi Margaret,
So glad Henry has settled in now after all the damage he caused initially! I spoke to you at the rescue when you came to sign for him and I know how determined you were for Henry to be happy. I have been wondering how it was going, only need to look at those pics to see he has his feet firmly under the table! :D
Carol x.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Looking at him in the chair, who could think that butter would not melt in his mouth. So pleased he has settled down. It is amazing how quickly they know they are safe and having plenty of TLC.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Glad to hear things have settled down I know when I spoke to you things were a bit stressed it does take some time to settle in once they have got over their initial upheavel things start to settle.
Thanks for the pics and nice to see him so comfy in his chair... :)