Our little ray of sunshine.

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Our little ray of sunshine.

Post by jackiem »

As most of you will know, we adopted Bob five weeks ago.
I think he is beginning to calm down a little now (or am I just now used to a yellow tornado tearing through the house?). He is certainly improving on the lead and we can now walk past another dog without too much fuss - he can't quite walk by without having a little bit to say for himself but he's nearly there. His training is helped by the fact that he sooo wants to please. If I say "Bob" in a stern voice such as this morning because he jumped up onto the printer so that he could see through the window, he immediately comes to me, puts his head on my lap and looks up at me as if to say "Sorry Mum, didn't know I shouldn't to that" and he only has to be told not to do something a couple of times before he learns. For instance, we don't need a baby gate at the foot of the stairs or at the top of the cellar stairs because he has been told not to go up or down the stairs, so he doesn't.
He loves to play and I think I need to buy him a toy box now to keep all his toys in. It's like having a toddler in the house! Quite a culture shock compared with Polly and Max as they never played. They were a bit older than Bob when we first had them so maybe that was the reason.
He's great fun is our Bob and we both love him to bits. What's so nice is that everybody who meets him loves him too.
He makes us laugh all the time. Yesterday for instance, a friend of ours visited to fit a new ball-cock in the tank in the attic. Bob did his usual greeting of circular dance with new nylobone (latest favourite toy) firmly in his mouth and his tail beating frantically, body bent almost double then he spotted the new ball-cock in a bucket on the floor, dropped the bone and quick as a flash, picked up the new "toy" (well it did look like a ball!). Luckily he has a soft mouth and he didn't have chance to settle down to destroy it as he dropped it when we told him to. :roll:
He makes one particular friend laugh so much with his antics that Bob got the blame for her being hospitalised last week. She sent an email innocently asking how Bob was and what he'd been up to and apparently she found my reply so funny that she was still giggling to herself half an hour later when she went to have a shower. Her legs gave way, she went to the doctors, was sent to A&E and then kept in hospital for a week for tests. Her case notes detailed what she was doing immediately before collapsing and everyone wanted to know what was in the email! It wasn't actually that funny but Bob's exploits obviously reach the spot for making her laugh. She's out of hospital and there is nothing too much wrong with her and what is wrong with her CANNOT be blamed on Bob!!! :lol:
He brings sunshine into our lives on even the dullest day.
Thank you to all at the rescue for being there, doing what you do and most of all for caring. :salute:
Jackie
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our little ray of sunshine.

Post by kathryn »

Great news about Bob Jackie hang on in there 5 weeks is nothing for a rescue dog, sometimes it can take months,with dog like Bob all they need is leadership and rules, and once they know what they can and cannot do, then they are much happier.
Dogs like Bob, are hard work but they have bags of character which you never forget. :)
Lucy
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lucy »

Aaahh he sounds just like our new ray of sunshine :D :D
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Tell us more!
Lucy wrote:Aaahh he sounds just like our new ray of sunshine :D :D
Jackie
natty

Post by natty »

Lets here more about BOTH of them AND pictures :lol:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Maybe we can have the adventures of Bob :) :)

xx
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

Bob sounds like so much fun. :lol: :lol: along with Betty Boo by the sounds of things!!!!

I think it is something Glenys feeds them before she sends them off to us. He! He! Only joking!!!!

Would love to hear more about his antics. I bet he is loving it with you!!!!! and I can tell you are enjoying him :D :D

Gill, Meg and Maisie

xxx
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

If only I had the patience of Lynne! I don't know how she manages to take Buddie on all those adventures AND have the time to photograph at every step. I cannot post a single picture (I blame the security settings on the computer and I'm sticking to that excuse!).
:oops:
Glenys wrote:Maybe we can have the adventures of Bob :) :)

xx
Jackie
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

He certainly sounds a character! Pleased all is going well for you - thanks for taking the time to update us all on his progress.

Jackie xx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

I'm so glad that you and Bob have found each other :)
He sounds adorable

love Alison, Rosie & Charlie (Lancs) XXX
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

[quote="jackiem"]If only I had the patience of Lynne! I don't know how she manages to take Buddie on all those adventures AND have the time to photograph at every step. I cannot post a single picture (I blame the security settings on the computer and I'm sticking to that excuse!).

Remember, Jackie, I'll post your photos for you. :lol:
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

I know you will Aileen and I'm very grateful!
Aileen wrote:
jackiem wrote:If only I had the patience of Lynne! I don't know how she manages to take Buddie on all those adventures AND have the time to photograph at every step. I cannot post a single picture (I blame the security settings on the computer and I'm sticking to that excuse!).

Remember, Jackie, I'll post your photos for you. :lol:
Jackie
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Really pleased that Bob is settling down for you now Jackie. He definately has an excellent home now. Lucky boy certainly fell on his feet. Give him a hug from me :bounce:
Carol x.
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Jackie, Lovely to hear that Bob has settled in.. They are great fun, and may you have many happy years together. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Okay, okay, we have a little backward step or two to report! (I must have been tempting fate!)
This morning's 6.30am walk had a few distractions in the form of 1 dog, 1 cat and 1 horse and rider resulting in a bit of a set-back on the old lead-training front! Bob didn't pull but got very over-excited and ear-piercingly vocal! What are all those people doing up and about at that time in the morning!!!
Peace was restored when we went into the house and Bob put his comedy head back on. I told him to "sit" outside the doorway while I went to the loo so sit he did but with a very smooth sort of shuffly, hovery movement was right next to me without standing up! What could I say? He had stayed sitting so didn't deserve a telling off and in any case, I was too busy laughing and trying to avoid the cold wet nose on warm leg experience!
Next he went outside to check out the garden, wandered around outside the conservatory and then noticed the fan on the conservatory roof through the window which I had accidentally switched on whilst leaning against the wall in my exhausted state. He clearly thought it was going to attack me so jumped up to open the door and barked his head off at this strange object which by now was slowing down and proving to be no threat! I need a video camera, I really do.
:roll:
Jackie