Jay ( formerly Bay )

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joanne and Kieran

Jay ( formerly Bay )

Post by Joanne and Kieran »

Thought an update was about due ..........

It is nearly four months since Jay decided that he liked us enough to come home with us..........and what a four months it has been.

He chewed my slippers, the carpet in the old playroom, shredded the lino, and I wondered what each day would bring lol,

He loves a good rough and tumble ------ especially when trying to dry him off after a long muddy walk

Hates water and will only paddle - definatley no swimming for this Lab - strange as his doggy friend goes off swimming whilst Jay sits on the bank watching and waiting

Loves to try and sneak upstairs to lay on the beds, will pinch all the dressing gowns and take them to his bed

Listens to our every word, unless other dogs are present and then he 's off like the wind and leaves me looking a fool shouting at a dot on the horizon :oops:

Thinks everyone loves him and that everyone would want a great lumbering Lab giving them kisses :P

All in all I guess it has took three months for him to truely settle and to stop chewing and realise that even when we do nip out we are coming back for him- which I think must have been stress over his new home.

Would we swop him - NEVER in a million years, would we change anything about him- NEVER :santa12

Jay and his new family would like to wish all at MKF a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :tree
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Jay ( formerly Bay )

Post by Glenys »

Thank you for standing by the boy sometimes it takes a while but worth it in the end.
any photos ?
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Yes, we would definitely like some photos.
Jackie
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Photos's please. :4620: :4620: :4620:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Oh yes some photos would be lovely - please!!! :4620: :4620: :4620: :4620:
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Post by janhind »

Typical labrador then :santa12 he sounds such fun, love to see some pics.

jan xx
It is never too late.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Great post......you have a true Labrador there! Thanks for taking him and sticking by him as Glenys says it takes some doing - it sounds like he has landed on his paws. Look forward to seeing some photos and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all too. :merryxmas

Jackie xx
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

He sounds lovely!!!
Glad you've got him
Gemma xx
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Thanks for the update Joanne and for sticking with it, so many people at the moment are looking for the perfect dog and want them to settle in within 24hrs., making our job very hard.
These dogs need time to settle and we say anything from a week to a month to 6 months, as you say it has taken Jay 3 months, and look what you now have, a wonderful dog.
Thanks for hanging in there and hope you all have a wonderful xmas.
Piccis next time please... :mrG
Joanne and Kieran

As requested :wav:

Jay chilling

Jay with his chocolate girlfriend ( My friends dog ) - not one of mine, Jay is enough all on his own lol

Jay with his toothy grin that he had on his adoption foto - bless

:merrychristmas
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely photos thankyou

:tree
westie

Post by westie »

If there was ever any reason for adopting a lab - you've given me one.

Karen
Joanne and Kieran

Hi Karen........Jay is truely adorable but the first few months were a rollercoaster ride, chewed carpets and lino, barking all night, nipping and running away from us after other dogs Oh and lets not forget the dog hairs everywhere lol ( had 12 years with out a Lab and had forgot the little niggles that can if you let them become big issues )

But I can honestly say each week we saw an improvement and now after four months we have a settled dog who is so loving and clever that I wouldn't give up him for anything. I'm sure he can tell the time too :wink: How does he know it's 5pm and tea time ???? lol

Glenys and Katherine pointed us towards Jay and I guess they have a special knack of matching adoptee's with the right dog, or vice versa :santa12
smitty
Senior User
Senior User

Post by smitty »

Lovely story.
Marie
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Isn't he gorgeous! :4620:

Thanks for posting those photos. He has really landed on all four paws with you. You do need patience but as you say it is all worthwhile in the end. What a handsome boy he is! :xmassmiley-007 :xmassmiley-007 :xmassmiley-007