shankley now bailey

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jillwild

Re: shankley now bailey

Post by jillwild »

BEST 1 wrote:Hi Jill
I am ever so glad that everything is going so well with Bailey and the whole family is enjoying having him as well as the times together so much. You will no doubt collect some wonderful memories in the years to come.

Happiness all round. :1951: :1945: :1954: :1966:

Best wishes

Alicia & Sam (Black Lab) XX
thank you for your reply, me and our boy are having such a good time with our family, we love him the world, from the hugs in the morning to the night time thing, which i cant fault. we sit in the living room (as adulds)when the children go up and our gorgeous boy lies on the bottom of the stairs to make sure were ok as well as the kids. you cant ask for more, can you. he wont even come back when the fire is on!that baby protects his family. i think he is very happy here,love him the world and he never gets sick of us all kissing him everyday. just think he's brill!
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

Alison B wrote:How right you are Jill. :1941:
Your kids will never say to you in the future "Do you remember that lovely white laminate floor we used to have " but I'm sure they will always remember the fun and love you have with Bailey! Your love for him shines through

love Alison & Charlie (Lancs) XXX
o how true, i get in trouble now if i dont turn up at (primary)school with him. kids dont care about dirty carpets (even though we shower or towel him downafter muddy walks) he is one of the family n the kids do make much more mess then him.he is such a wonderful boy we love him so so much, that smile could melt a thousand hearts and how he brought the teenagers to speeking again is' wow!we all love our boy and thanks to Glenys that unrully lab has sorted out our unrully teenagers. (ps there not that bad) but big boy listens more at th age of 2.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Hi Jill

Im really glad Bailey is happy and settled. :1951: Carol & I took him for a walk in the park with Jasper when he was at the rescue, he was gorgeous but a bit of a handful, so its great to here you can take him to pick the kids up from school, just goes to show what a bit of TLC can do for a boy!! :1972:

I agree with you as to how much these dogs enrich our lives, Missy has even managed to melt the heart of my Hubby who swore he didnt understand the attraction of dogs!! :2019:

I hope everything goes well with Bailey in the future.

Sue x
natty

Post by natty »

I know what you mean about the teenager and dog relationship. They do seem to go well together and the dogs are much easier to manage :1962:
kids dont care about dirty carpets
Buy dark carpets :1968:
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

Springfield wrote:Hi Jill

Im really glad Bailey is happy and settled. :1951: Carol & I took him for a walk in the park with Jasper when he was at the rescue, he was gorgeous but a bit of a handful, so its great to here you can take him to pick the kids up from school, just goes to show what a bit of TLC can do for a boy!! :1972:

I agree with you as to how much these dogs enrich our lives, Missy has even managed to melt the heart of my Hubby who swore he didnt understand the attraction of dogs!! :2019:

Sue x
o he is brill, still a kangeroo when the lead goes on but can walk 2 heel with mum n dad ,still drags the kids but they run with him, but /he/they love that. our boy is happy and the rest will come in time. thanks to you all for our boy, coudnt wake up without him!
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

Springfield wrote:Hi Jill

Sue x
thanks you two, i know you put a lot of time into my boy, beleive me he has changed a lot from that bouncing daft boy he was at the kennels but has settled in to this madhouse of kids and life just fine [if anything he is the quite one] our boo is just the best [he keeps me saine] just joking, think were all mad, but great fun,thanks all.
Last edited by LabRes1 on 15 Feb 2009, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected quote tag
maxie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by maxie »

So glad he's settled in so well,

Joan
jillwild

Post by jillwild »

our boy has changed so much since the rescue days, he comes to school, sits and waits like a angel, watches the door till his mate comes out then flys 5ft in the air past my ear up n down like the kangeroo as you all know him as, he then gets his love off his mate n starts walking as a good boy.one happy chap. :1963: i would engourage anybody with time to give a boy a home as the rewards are brill, big daft labs are the best! :1954: to watch my smiling son hold the lead of a smiling lab as we walk home just fills my heart with joy!