Everyone is the boss now ....

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Joanne and Kieran

Everyone is the boss now ....

Post by Joanne and Kieran »

Hello all - Jay here, I was Bay until I adopted my new family

I know that my Mum comes on here and talks to some of you, I hear her telling Dad all about the other dogs and some of the great stuff we all get up to in our new homes.
The other night was different though - I heard her telling Dad and my human brother and sister how to act with me and what to say, and worst still what they can and can't let me do anymore :2003:

It all sounded very serious so I decided to try and barge my way in and make the others laugh, but Mum told me to go and lie down and wait, I did what she said because I always do, but I waited for the others to come and give me a hug and let me nibble at their clothes or let me run around with one of their slippers - thats what I like to do best cus they then chase me and laugh

But no-one came - I took the cushion off the settee and Dad came in and I thought :1941: playtime and ran, but he didn't chase me, he just shouted drop it really loud like Mum does and I wasn't expecting it and the cushion slipped out of my mouth in shock :2009:
Now the thing is they are all at it - they won't chase me now and the fun is gone, and I don't get chance to try and growl at them to sound tough :2006:

I think someone on here has told Mum to make everyone in our house bossy not just her - they now treat me like a DOG of all things, Im not allowed to be Mums second in command anymore :oops:

And to top it all she has had me out for an hour tonight doing bossy stuff with me again and even made my brother and sister do the same as her - Now they all tell me to walk to heel not just Mum, I have to sit if they say sit and wait when they say wait

So to whoever it was on here that told Mum to make everyone ( apart from me ) pack leader :1945: thankyou as I now know where I stand with them all which makes my life soooooooooooooooo much easier.

Oh forgot to mention Mum says that I was the very good tonight I walked to heel off the lead for ages and ages - I didn't tell her I only did it as she had a treat in her hand and the smell was too good to run away from - silly Mum :1962:
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Everyone is the boss now ....

Post by jackiem »

Well done Jay. It sounds as though you and Bob could have a really good conversation about us humans!
Jackie
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Yes well done there Jay. Not only you but Bob but Buddie too are having to learn the same sort of things! :1944:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

:1966: I like reading that post - well done to you all :thumbup:

Jackie x
drexl1234
Senior User
Senior User

Post by drexl1234 »

There quite clever these furry people you know, grate post. Dave and family.

:1968: :1968:
All the Best Dave and family.

ImageImageImage
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

:1941: :1951: :1944:
Wonderful news!! Well Done.

Gill, Meg and Maisie
:occasion7: :occasion7: :occasion7: