Why be snobby

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Why be snobby

Post by Glenys »

I was reading in the papers the story of Kate and William I especially like William because Diana and I were pregnant at the same time and it was a hot summer :cry: Gareth was born about a week after William and Ive followed his lifes ups and down,anyway I thought how awful people were in the so called High classes to be so rude about Kates Mother and why people should be so snobbish.

In my role as a Labrador rescue rehomer I have met people from all walks of life the common denoninator being our love of dogs there hasnt to my knowledge been any feeling of I am better than you.
Some years ago I had a call from a Lady asking about an older dog for an elderly Lady I did ask where did she live and was told she lived half the time in Scotland and half in England The Lady turned out to be Lady Mary Grosvenor the Queens Cousin,she did eventually adopt a bitch from us and I received photos and two lovely letters from Lady Mary and two donations Sadly the Lab eventually died and soon after Lady Mary died but it was lovely of her and her Lady In Waiting To write to me a humble northern Labrador rehomer.
So you see there is no need for snobbery no one person is any better than another especially to a Labrador :wink: who will happily live with anyone :wink:
cazmar

Post by cazmar »

Nothing to add really but WELL SAID and so true :)
Carol
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Carol in spite of my Royal connections :D you need not doff your cap next time you visit a simple curtsey will suffice :wink:
cazmar

Post by cazmar »

okey dokey and can I walk on your red carpet :D
carol
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Of course you can :D
andrea

Post by andrea »

won't comment...you know me xxx
Bracken

Post by Bracken »

What a nice story Glenys.

Pleased to meet you? or How do you do?
Toilet or lavatory?
Does it really matter?
Are the landed gentry really snobs? Or is it all media hype?

My aunt had a saying....
There is no one better than me and I am no better than anyone else :lol:

Melita..x
gaily

Post by gaily »

i hate snobbery, were all the same only some talk differnt and have more money!
x
michelemad

Post by michelemad »

Dave talks very posh and comes over as someone to be repectful to! whereas i am a bit common! i talk with a part manc part welsh part scouse accent! i tell dave i am his bit of rough and he freaks out!
he says i was born middle class the same as him and raised in a house with more money than him! i truely believe that i am a take me as you find me kind of person! i am also an acquired taste! a lot of people just havent acquired it yet!
borderers

Post by borderers »

We used to have a hotel in The Trossachs, in Scotland. We were surrounded by many people with money. The Princess Royal (Anne) had business interests there. Our neighbours included the then Scottish Secretary, the Lord Lieutenant of Strathclyde and the MD of the Edinburgh Woolen Mill chain. All the most charming of people. "Upper class" accents,
but totally down to earth. We enjoyed many beers with these people and they saw us as equals. As did we.
The genuine gentry, we think, are not snobs. We think it is those with newly acquired wealth who look down their noses at others.
However, as previously mentioned, the love of Labradors is the common denominator!