Beautiful Oliver

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

katie

Beautiful Oliver

Post by katie »

Hi

I am Olivers previous owner and taking him to Lab rescue was the single hardest thing i have ever done, he really is the most special creature i've had the pleasure of meeting and i miss him terribly daily!!

I'd dearly love to know that he has settled and is happy.

I have absolutley no doubt that this will be the case and had 100% confidence in Lab rescue which is why i brought him in the first place. I would like to thank Glenys for the sensitivity and compassion that was shown when i came and i will be fundraising in the new year, if anyone has an original idea how i could do this that would be great!

Again if Olivers new mummy or daddy is reading this i'd love to know how he is, you truly are blessed to have him!

xx
janhind
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Beautiful Oliver

Post by janhind »

Hi katie, it must have been heartbreaking for you to give him up. but we all realise how incredibly brave you were to bring him to lab rescue. the best place of all to make sure he was looked after & loved. you can console yourself in the fact that he will have a wonderful home & be loved as you loved him because glenys & the team take great care to make sure all the dogs go to the best homes, i'm sure whoever has him now is making sure he is as happy as he can be.

jan xx
It is never too late.
LouiseA

Post by LouiseA »

Hi Katie

You've made me cry!! Oliver is WONDERFUL, we absolutely adore him, and at four weeks in, we can't imagine life without him. My five year old, Emilia, is 'officially' his new Mummy, and takes her role v. seriously.

He has already had a day trip to Anglessey, which he loved, and had lots of lovely walks through the woods near our home. Thank goodness for the 'chuck it' though, as he'd much rather chase/fetch a ball than do anything else - my right arm is now definitely more muscular than my left!

Annoyingly, I haven't got any photos to hand that I can post, but I will make sure I do that in the near future.

Hope this post has put your mind at rest, Oliver is VERY WELL, VERY HAPPY, and MUCH LOVED.

Louise, Keith and Emilia x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Katie, So sorry you had to give your lovely Oliver up.. and a lovely update from Louise and family. Let us hope that it has helped to put your mind a little at rest.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Hi Katie, so sorry circumstances forced you to give up your lovely Oliver. I hope you take comfort in Louise's post, they obviously dote on him, lucky boy.

Sara, Dave, Bonnie & Bella
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
katie

Post by katie »

Dearest Louise, Keith and Emelia

THANK YOU so much for your prompt reply! I really do feel much relieved and i'm so HAPPY that he is as cherished as he ever has been. Olivers never known anything but love so it's great!

I could tell you so many little stories but i'll let you discover Olivers lovely little ways yourself. I too have a very strong arm!

He's absolutley fantastic with children and it will be lovely to watch Emelia and Oliver grow together.

Please don't worry to much about photos he's your dog now and although he will always be in my heart i'm truly thankful he came to you!

Thanks again. Take care

Katie xxxx
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hello Katie :occasion7:

Your post has brought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry you had to take your beloved Oliver into Rescue but you definitely chose the right place, Glenys and her team really do have the dog's best interests at heart and it seems to me that the Rescue's supporters are a great bunch of people.

I'm so pleased you have had such a lovely response from Oliver's new owners, he is obviously going to be well loved in his new home and your reply to them brought a lump to my throat it was so clear just how much you loved Oliver but that you are happy he has found such a wonderful new home.

Joan x
Joan and George x
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

What a wonderful post - truly reminding us of what the Rescue is all about and bringing tears to my eyes yet again.

What a lucky boy Oliver is to have such a loving first mum in Katie who loved him so much that she made sure that he was re-homed through the best rescue possible when she couldn't keep him and then to find such a lovely new family with Louise, Keith and Emilia. :1951:
Jackie
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely to read how wonderfully well things have worked out for Oliver - loved and cherished in his new home, as he was with his previous owner. Many thanks to Labrador Rescue.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Katie thank you for posting and I am so Glad Louise answered.
I know parting with Oliver broke your heart it wasnt your fault you had to let him go it could happpen to anyone.
Thank you Louise for answering if you cant post pictures if you send me one by email or by post I will make sure I put it on for you.

xxx
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Gosh this has brought tears to my eyes. So sorry you have had to give Oliver up it must have been so difficult for you. The one good thing is that Glenys and the team will always ensure he goes to home where he is looked after and loved just as much, sounds like he has settled very well with Louise and family. Thank goodness for this Rescue and I hope you take some comfort from Louise's posts.

Jackie x
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Oh my goodness, what a moving post. It's so lovely that Louise has been able to reassure Katie that Oliver is happy and settled. Giving up your lovely lad must have been utterly heartbreaking and you have my deepest sympathies over having to hand him over.

Louise I'm glad Oliver has brought you as much happiness as he brought to Katie. Your update was so lovely!
Gemma x
katie

Post by katie »

WOW Oliver's always caused a bit of a stir and probably always will!

Thanks everyone, i can't possibly put into words how much strength i've drawn from the support of everyone today, i've had a REALLY rough few months and it genuinely means so much.

I hope your all proud of the parts you play and the knock on effect of such warmth is very healing!

Thanks again

Katie xx :1971:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

If I say so myself this site has the most friendly,caring people ever .
I am so proud of the way we all pull together.
Not just with rescue but we all care about people too and when one of us is going through a bad patch health wiseor whatever they can always find some comfort from others here.
When we have an appeal for a dog who may need costly vet treatment everyone is so supportive.
I am glad you found comfort here.
katie

Post by katie »

Glenys you can count on me for anything whenever you need it, whatever it is and i truly mean that!!!!!!! x

Katie x