Storm (now Kizzy)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Storm (now Kizzy)

Post by jackiem »

Fantastic news Sue. Kizzy looks as though she has settled well already. :hello1:
Jackie
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Great news Sue :1952: :1952:

She looks lovely and I like her new name - I used to have a cat called Kizzy - she only had one ear! (I seem to have a thing for pets with bits missing!!).

Wishing you both many happy years together.

Keep the photos coming.

Julie, Nina, Jasper, Dylan & Vashti-cat :1954:
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Sue thanks for the pictures its so nice to see her happy in her new home, may you both have a lovely life together...
K.x
lucy73
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lucy73 »

Fantastic news Sue! Kizzy looks a beautiful girl and I bet you're going to bring each other much happiness :love5:
Lucy, Lesley & Tasha xx
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

I was just about to turn off the computer and found this post! I am sooo happy for you both Kizzy (Storm) is a beautiful girl I am happy she found you! May you have a wonderful life together; looking forward to more updates & pictures, she looks so contented already.

Wonderful!

Ann x

:1954: :1954: :1954: :love5:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

I was just thinking then that these rescued dogs are so trusting of what is happening to them. I suppose they have to be even when they have had some bad experiences with people. It's a good job they can forgive.

:love6:
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

:love5: :love5: :love5:

Lovely!!!! She is a beauty!!

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love2: :love2: :love2:
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Well, had a bit of a lie in today.....
All went well till almost bedtime......went up to the bathroom, told her to 'stay' as I had done twice before(and she did)...then heard this mad scrambling, and lo and behold she appears upstairs. She would not come down, ,not because she was being naughty, but I guess she's never climbed stairs before- spent 15 mins cajoling, persuading, treating,- in the end I had to carry her down. Don't think she'll try that again!
Then it's bedtime....ha, ha, ha :1968:
She wouldn't settle on her bed :1967: I took ages trying to put the cage together :1967: She wouldn't go in the cage :1967: I put her bed in the kitchen and went to bed myself and settled down with my hot water bottle :1962:
Bangs, rattles, crashes.....Hello, look what I've done, Mum, I've rearranged your kitchen! So I put the rubbish/recycling bins, vegetable rack (chewed ) and the rest in the dining room and went back to bed.... :2019:
With nothing to dismantle, it was yap, yap, howwwwl, yap, yap, howwwl :1966:
So, finally, I stood outside the kitchen door and said 'Bed, in your bed!' in my best schoolmarm voice. Instant quiet and I returned to bed, where I lay listening for some time, worrying as she was so quiet.
So as I say had a bit of a lie in today......
Sue
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

SueA wrote:Well, had a bit of a lie in today.....
All went well till almost bedtime......went up to the bathroom, told her to 'stay' as I had done twice before(and she did)...then heard this mad scrambling, and lo and behold she appears upstairs. She would not come down, ,not because she was being naughty, but I guess she's never climbed stairs before- spent 15 mins cajoling, persuading, treating,- in the end I had to carry her down. Don't think she'll try that again!
Then it's bedtime....ha, ha, ha :1968:
She wouldn't settle on her bed :1967: I took ages trying to put the cage together :1967: She wouldn't go in the cage :1967: I put her bed in the kitchen and went to bed myself and settled down with my hot water bottle :1962:
Bangs, rattles, crashes.....Hello, look what I've done, Mum, I've rearranged your kitchen! So I put the rubbish/recycling bins, vegetable rack (chewed ) and the rest in the dining room and went back to bed.... :2019:
With nothing to dismantle, it was yap, yap, howwwwl, yap, yap, howwwl :1966:
So, finally, I stood outside the kitchen door and said 'Bed, in your bed!' in my best schoolmarm voice. Instant quiet and I returned to bed, where I lay listening for some time, worrying as she was so quiet.
So as I say had a bit of a lie in today......
Sue

:1966: :1966: :1966: :1966: :1966:

I expect she has a lot to learn as she was always outside in her previous life. She'll soon settle I am sure! :wink:
natty

Post by natty »

I suppose it will be hard for her if she is used to sleeping with the other dogs . I expect its just like getting a new puppy that just left its family.
Your poor kitchen :(
I did laugh (sorry) at your discription of her at the top of the stairs. Not easy carrying a lab :1968:
I hope she settles better tonight
How is she on the lead?
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Oh dear thats why I gave you the cage it was a stop gap till she settled you have to be the boss.
You need to be firm and of course move anything out of the way we dispensed with veg racks and bins years ago my dogs just see those as feeding stations :(

Hope it works but do try to use the cage while shopping etc.. for your own peace of mind and she is better trained
I am here if you need a chat also forgot to give you the pills will post them first class today

Best Wishes Glenys
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Just posted what I thought was a reply, think it might have gone to someone's email by mistake!! Sorry- if you get it, post it on this thread.
It was about how she is responding to commands- very well! She really is no trouble at all, considering her past. Last night wasn't that bad-it was just a bit of a shock to me- and of course I wasn't expecting a trouble-free night! But then again she was clean through the night, which was a bonus, and went out first thing into the garden.
She is so loving. Also she knows already that I'm the boss!!
And by the way, she does snore!!
Sue
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Sue if you need any advice just ring us, she is a clever girl, and got lots of character, BUT you must be boss, once she knows the rules she will settle in much better, dont feel sorry for her, she has a lovely new home now, all she needs is ground rules,and a routine and you should see her settle down...

good luck...
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Aaahhh Sue, welcome to the world of Labrador :1959:

Kizzy will need time to settle, especially if the limited knowledge the rest of us have about her background is anything to go by. I'm sure she'll settle in no time.

She is a gorgeous girl :love5: - keep the photos coming

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Sounds as if you have had an easy start, considering she's been running about in a pack for a year or more!!

Have to admit I had a little giggle at your expense! :1970:

It'll be an adventure finding out about her. :1961:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous