Storm (now Kizzy)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Storm (now Kizzy)

Post by Diesel Kate »

Hi Sue not been on for a few days. Kizzy looks one beautiful girl. I am sure you will have lots of laughs with her. Balee never fails to amuse me. Not just in the way he behaves but in the looks he gives you, even grinning.

Look forward to reading the progress on Kizzy's training and antics.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Well, I've got a moment's respite......Kizzy has gone to the vets to be spayed,vaccs,chipped etc. She was reluctant to get in the car and put her sad face on all the way there. Must work on this when she's fit- taking her to nice places so she doesn't think she's going to be abandoned again/poked about/injected/operated on. She also needs to lose weight- they were free to roam at the previous home but obviously didn't take advantage of it!

She was really good whilst she was being examined, a few shivers at first, but loved the attention she was getting. She was quite happy to go off with the nurse, not a thought for me.... :2006:
I know she doesn't like her normal collar (only wears it when out) so I'm dreading the cone.... :2039:

She is now sleeping through the night with no scratching, crying or howling. Some early starts-6am, but the last 2 mornings have been about 7 or 7.30. She greets me as if I've been away forever!! Also this is when she is most playful-throwing her bone or ball around the room and then pouncing on it (the first time, 3 or 4 days in, was a quarter to 5 in the morning :1967:

She's been here for just over a week and it feels as if she's always been here. What did I do with my time before?

We've already met 2 rescue labs from Glenys- Zac, a black boy was adopted 5 years ago, he's now 9 and a gentle little soul. Today at the vet's, we met Lilly, a black cross with german Shepherd that was adopted 3 years ago. She and Kizzy got on really well.

Will post a pic of her in her Elizabethan collar when she gets home. Just going to pick her up in half an hour or so. Apparently she is still sleepy, and there's me been worrying about her all day.....
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

O'h bless I hope she's ok

Ann x :1973: :1973: :1973:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm sure Kizzy will soon be back to her normal self, you will then have the job of keeping her quiet until she's healed. :1962:

Hope all goes well.

Joan x
Joan and George x
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Well, this was Kizzy last night-
This was Kizzy this morning, rather early on-
I hope this works,(a video)(if not, I'll have to go back to the tutorials!) it's a bit dark but you will get the gist.

This is Kizzy tonight-

She's flat out! All went well at the vet's. She's now spayed, vaccinated and microchipped. She might have to go to Weightwatchers as she's a bit overweight. We have a monthly programme for her.(Thank you Billybluemoor Martin. Mr. Locke is lovely and so is his staff)

You should have seen us getting her out of the car! She didn't want to stand up so we couldn't lift her safely. So we got hold of the corners of the vetbed and carried her indoors :1967: It reminded me of that advert for PG Tips where the chimps are moving the piano down the stairs :1968:

She has whined a little, but seems ok.She's eaten a little food and is now asleep (and snoring!). I shall be sleeping on the sofa tonight. Couldn't do otherwise. Am partaking of a drop of whisky (Bruardar- has a hint of sloes and honey-it's lovely) to get me through :thumbup:

Sue
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Sue glad all went well I was thinking of her today, at least now she wont have to go through what her sisters have and are going to go through,she can now get on with her life with you,big hug from us all at the rescue....
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

at least now she wont have to go through what her sisters have and are going to go through,
This is just what I've been thinking today. I know she's uncomfortable at the moment, but she'll be fine.

By the way, Kathryn, I tried sending you a couple of emails, but have had problems with my computer and have a feeling you may not have received them . If not, thankyou for your help in helping me to adopt Kizzy and for your on advice on behaviour. I had forgotten that Kizzy was part of a 'pack' and had to adjust myself to this way of thinking.

She's an absolute beaut and I already love her to bits!!

Sue
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Sue do you have any Arnica? it will help with healing also the pain killing injection Vets give sometimes wear off if you are worried ask for sipome tablets as well thank you for all you have done for her.
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

At the moment, she is peaceful-

You may find me posting, however, in the wee small hours of the morning..... :1967:

Thanks for that Glenys. If needs be during the night and I need help, the vets I have registered with have a 24 hour emergency service. I've made a note of what you suggested.

Did my video work? (I know it wasn't very clear, but if it worked, I'll try harder with the next one)

Sue
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Hi Sue, yes your video worked she is a live wire! She doesn't look overweight to me (am not a vet though). Compared to Jess my daughter's Lab she looks skinny. If there was a bootcamp for overweight Labradors Jess would be in, she's pinched and eaten someone's butties today for lunch! So a tiny tea for her tonight.

Hope you have a peaceful night with her she's an absolute beauty; you are so lucky (am sure you know anyway). Sweet dreams both of you!

Ann x

:1973:
hollyberry
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by hollyberry »

So pleased all went well with Kizzy, Sue. :2381:
Hope you both have a good night!Big hugs for both of you.
Love Christine xx :love2:
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Post by rhoda4 »

Pleased all went well with Kizzy. She's a gorgeous girl.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
natty

Post by natty »

I loved the video.It made me smile. She is young and fit and will recover in no time.The problem you will have is stopping her jumpimg :1962:
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Hi Sue just thought i'd ask how is Kizzy this morning? Hope you both got some sleep.

Ann x

:1961:
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Yes, we both got some sleep.Actually, I think it was the whisky that helped me :1967:
Kizzy had some special food that the vet gave us that wouldn't be too heavy after the anaesthetic. She had it in small amounts in the evening, then when she woke at 3am and 5am. And I haven't heard the last of it since then :1962:
This morning she turned her nose up at her normal food and has whinged on and off all day-not showing me that she's in pain or anything, just 'where's that delicious food I had last night?' She's had a little of her normal food tonight but is still not best pleased!
Took her for a short walk this morning and the same this afternoon which she was desperate for, because she's not playing or jumping around and getting rid of her energy in the house.
She hasn't offered to lick or scratch her stitches, only where's she's been shaved (again!!) So she hasn't worn her collar except at night as I've been with her more or less constantly. She hasn't tried to jump up, so this may be another hurdle sorted for the long term. Oh, and she will lie down on command now. However, she does at times ignore me :2012: and then grins and smirks-she knows exactly what she's doing!! I let her have her little joke :bounce: then make her do as she's told.
Roll on 25 Jan when she has her stitches out!! :thumbup:
Sue