Storm (now Kizzy)

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Storm (now Kizzy)

Post by Ann Mee »

However, she does at times ignore me :2012: and then grins and smirks-she knows exactly what she's doing!! I let her have her little joke :bounce: then make her do as she's told.
Roll on 25 Jan when she has her stitches out!! :thumbup:
Sue[/quote]

Hi Sue had to giggle at this as I think all dogs are just children in furry coats :1962:

Glad she hasn't lost her sense of humour and that you both had a reasonable night. I'm sure she will be better again tomorrow; well done for being firm it would be easy not to due to her being a bit under the weather.

Am sure she'll soon be bouncing around

Ann x

:bounce:
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

well done for being firm
Well I don't think I was that clever- I felt every twinge she had last evening and responded accordingly- 'ahhh, you'll be ok'; 'good girl'; ' I know how you feel' ; 'hush now'.

I reckon she sussed me out straight away, and that's why she's whinged on and off today!!! I think I've set myself back a couple of days for being such a softy!!

Sue
mollysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollysmum »

I`m so glad that she is doing ok since being speyed and yes she problably has sussed you out to be a softy and will spoil her, but it`s something that we all do and she will soon be back to her normal bouncy self. Loved the video, Kizzy looks great fun to have around. Good luck with the training when she is back to normal.
Linda
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Well, here's an update on Kizzy.
Friday-day of spaying. On another planet, both of us. Woken during the night for feeds, a little at a time-she was so hungry, she was licking the spoon before I had it out of the tin! :1970:

Saturday- beginning to pick up-her, not me. Went for 2 short walks on the lead as instructed. Night time, she tried to climb on the sofa with me. She now understands the command 'off!' as it was repeated so many times. Back to sleep, and am awoken by her climbing over the arm of the settee, her paw holding down my head by my hair, and she then lay down over my head. The command 'off' that she had learned so well, made not the slightest difference. :1968:

Sunday- raring to go....her, not me :1962: Longer walk, but still on lead. She doesn't move far from me, so was concerned when she went into the living room on her own and stayed there for some time.....She wouldn't be on the settee, would she.....??

Have tried to get a photo since of her on the settee, creeping through with the camera at the ready, but when I get there, she's climbed off, with a look on her face that says, 'what, me, on the settee? Never, I wouldn't do that, not when you told me not to.' :1967: :1966:

Just going to sneak in again.......

Gotchya!!

(This was a picture of her just getting off the settee)
So innocent....I was never on the settee, not after you'd told me not to....

Both had a peaceful night-brilliant- about 7 hours sleep! :hello1:

Monday-not eating a lot because she's not burning off the energy on long walks. We've been out on two walks today on the lead and she's absolutely desperate to go and run with other dogs and play. Don't thinkshe understands why I won't let her off the lead. It's hard, because we meet on average about 15 dogs on the field at any one time.
Won't eat out of her bowl, so I'm putting her food in her Kong.She's only eating about half her usual amount. In character, she has reverted to her BS (before spaying) ways- throwing her bone around, dragging her fleece from one room to the other, emptied her box of toys

This was a picture with her toys strewn all over.

jumping about

The above was a video.

Her external stitches are ok, but I'm worried about the internal ones. Not a lot I can do. (just waiting for next Mon when the stitches come out......)

Watched video of Gracie's pups- kizzy was in the other room and came running in when she heard them and sat watching, really alert, with the tail giving an occasional wag. She still thinks it's better to be a spinster aunt than a mother. :1945:

Well, only another 7 days to go till we can get back to normal....... :wink:

Back to the photobucket tutorials- don't know why the photos are all the same

Sue
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Great update Sue. I think you need a bit more instruction on photos though!! :1967: :1968: :1968: :1968:

Shouldn't laugh...I don't even know where to start. I may be getting instruction tomorrow so if it works, watch out everyone, got loads of pics to bore everyone with! :1970: :1970: :1970:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

I must have spent an hour typing the post and trying to edit the photos. I also deleted them on photobucket and uploaded them again and edited my post. :2012: :2012: :2012:

Time wasted that I could better have spent teaching Kizzy 'off!' and making her know I meant it!!!!!! :1967:

Sue
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Ne'mind Sue, practice makes perfect...on both counts. :1970:

Promise I won't get offended when you laugh at my efforts, if it ever happens!

Sara
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Great update Sue, Kizzy is looking fab as usual! I've also had probs with photobucket I spent an hour the other afternoon trying to upload photos of Jess into the pet gallery :2019: ! I did notice on it that you have to left click the little box that appears on the pic you want to upload onto the forum. I think they are numbered too, i'm no expert believe me. Hope this helps.

Good luck and keep the updates coming, I should be working now! :1966:

Ann x
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Just practising trying to put on the right photos from yesterday's post. Ignore me if they all come out the same again.
Sneaking through to try and catch her on the settee-

Just look at that face!!

Sneaked through later, but I think she heard me coming-

Pretended she hadn't just sneaked off.

This was yesterday morning and she was the same this morning-

A bit better video I think, especially if you view it full screen. If anyone knows how to make videos better, please let me know.

Really hope this works this time!

Sue
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

What a little minx isn't she? Could do with a bit of whatever it is you are feeding her for myself as I NEVER feel that springy in the morning; I wish I did! The video is great.

Ann x

:bounce:
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Because she is not burning off energy, she's really testing me, doing things to get my attention, then whingeing when I don't respond.

As I said before, roll on next Monday when the stitches come out........ :bounce: :wink: :bounce:

Oh, by the way Ann, try some pigs ears. Kizzy goes doolally over those! :wink:

Sue
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Great pics Sue, you're getting the hang of it now. :thumbright:

More than I can say for me....did the same as you. :1967:

Must persevere!!

Sara
Mad Maisie

Post by Mad Maisie »

She looks a giddy kipper!!! :1966: :1966: She made me laugh rushing from place to place. :1968:

Well done on getting the video on :1963: :1963:

Gill, Meg and Maisie

:love2: :love2: :love2:
SueA
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SueA »

Kizzy is upset, Glenys, because she's not on the Rehoming page and she's worried that she might miss out on being in Martin's January slideshow..... :2006:

Sue
natty

Post by natty »

He might be soooooo busy with Buddy he might not have time for the slide show :1968: :1968:
:1968: :1968: :1968: