Bobby First Day!!

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tinaj

Bobby First Day!!

Post by Tinaj »

Just to let you know that we arrived back with the new puppy - I still cant believe I was allowed my choice of name - Bobby it is!!

He's had rather a hectic start cos everyone was here to meet him when we got back. The kids were over the moon to say the least - it was a bit emotional with a couple of adults of crying at the kids happiness!! Blade our border collie doesnt know whats hit him and keeps hiding as much as he can!! Bobby had his afternoon nap and is now being cared for by four children..............

I will try to upload some pictures as soon as I can but in the meantime I promise he's having a whale of a time.............

Tina, Phil, Georgia & Paul.
rhoda4
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Bobby First Day!!

Post by rhoda4 »

Lovely to hear how much happiness Bobby has brought to your family. :love5: Hope Blade soon grows to love the little fella too! Looking forward to more updates and pics.

Ann, Paul & Zac x
“He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he’s running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever.” – Patricia McConnell
jackiem
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackiem »

Wonderful! I look forward to the pics.
Jackie
gillyb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by gillyb »

What a lovely update, you will certainly have your hands full. :thumbright:

Gillx
My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks i am...

We can now deliver our pies to most places in the U.K www.bestporkpie.co.uk
Ann Mee
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ann Mee »

Great update Tina looking forward to seeing some pics. :thumbright:

Ann x
I wish everything in life was as lovely as my Labrador
Tinaj

Post by Tinaj »

:hello2: Well, the house is slightly quieter now that our visitors have gone (all come to see Bobby - not us!!).

I'm ready for bed and going to leave Bobby for Phil to sort out for the rest of the evening. I didnt sleep too well last night (I think I was too excited) and was pacing around the house until gone 3.30 am! When we woke at 7.30 a.m. it was thick snow in Oldham and I was in a state of panic that I may not have been able to collect the little fella! So I sent Phil out walking Blade to check the main roads!!! The main roads were fine but we did a car swop and collected in my car as its a 4X4 - but then I lost out as Phil wouldnt drive and he got to sit with Bobby in the back all the way home having cuddles .........some lame excuse about he couldnt drive my car in the boots he was wearing.....!! The cheek of it!!!!

Alls well though - he's doing really well. He's pretty much kept to his feeding routine inbetween playing with the kids and have a well earned snooze!!

Will aim for pictures tomorrow but the camera is playing up and when I take pictures it keeps us there is an error!! Will sort it soon.

Tina, Phil, Georgia & Paul. :1952:
Aileen

Post by Aileen »

Great to hear Bobby is home and settled. Looking forward to photos.
Love,
Aileen xx

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

Thanks for the update....really looking forward to seeing the pics tomorrow too!!
:1954:
Gemma x
carolb
Homing Coordinator
Homing Coordinator

Post by carolb »

Really pleased you got to choose the name Tina :1952: Glad Bobby is settling in well but hope Blade comes round to the idea of having a new brother soon. It was lovely meeting you and Phil this morning, I knew straight away that Bobby was in good hands. Can`t wait for the pictures. :bounce:
Rehoming co ordinator. Tel 07399559202.
Blakey
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Blakey »

When I saw the snow when I woke up yesterday I did think about you Tina but didn't have a shadow of a doubt that you'd make it out to collect Bobby. :love2:

How did his first night go ? I can't wait to see some pictures. :love5:

Love

JOANNE

XXX
Blake - My Special Boy, Forever In My Heart
Bold Barney
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Bold Barney »

Really pleased for you all. I know you will have lots of fun and laughter with Bobby!!! Julia and Barney :hello1:
Julia, Bold Barney and Bouncy Bessy
kayj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kayj »

Hi Tina,

Glad to hear that Bobby is settling down okay and hope Blade accepts his new brother,probably take a few days.Look forward to your updates and pictures.

:hello1: :hello1:

Kay.x
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Hi Tina

You sound so excited about bringing Bobby home :love3: How was he last night? Did you manage to get any sleep?

Looking forward to lots of updates and photos

Arlyn x
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Bobby sounds so sweet, I did ask Carol how you had got on with keeping the big secret from your children! I bet they are the happiest kids at the moment! I am so pleased he has made your family so happy and I don't doubt he will be the happiest pup too! Wishing you all lots of happiness :love5: ! x
Emma
playpen
Senior User
Senior User

Post by playpen »

Warning...............
Beware of shouting "HEY BOBBY" near any Policemen. :2008: :1966: :1967:
HAVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE