LATEST NEWS ON 'ROSIE'.

To ensure details to rosie pictures and updates stay secure - this forum is NOT visible to people browsingthe forum - It will only become visible to registered users of this site once they have logged into the forum

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Martin you are a star and we owe you a debt of gratitude for your kindness good luck tommorow xxx
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Just returned from School Visit with ROSIE and BILLY to collect the cheque for the money that the children have raised for ROSIE'S forthcoming operation and after care.

It went SPLENDIDLY !!! and raised £53. for the Rescue !!! :D

The children loved it and so did all the staff and, of course, both Dogs.
This visit was promoted and arranged by Lynne ( benjiesmum) who made us all very welcome and to whom I owe a great debt of thanks for sparing the time and effort which went to making our visit a memorable one all round.
I would also like to thank my wife Kathryn who also played a part in making our visit a success !!!

We promoted the work of both the 'Labrador Rescue' ( with Rosie ), and 'Pets as Therapy' ( with Billy) !
Both dogs captured their hearts which made our effort an extremely worthwhile and rewarding experience indeed !!!

Here are some initial photo's.
The children have had to have special permission to be photographed and the ones I have featured have permission, the one which I have edited, I am not sure about ,so I have to be careful not to infringe any rules.
Lynne is going to post further photo's soon when she has checked the permission aspect with the pupils who are featured in other photo's.

More photo's soon !

MARTIN & KATHRYN.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Martin and Kathryn.

You could say that Rosie new exactly what she was there for. She looks so good, what a sparkle in her eyes and not a "rib" in sight. The children must have loved both Billy and Rosie. Well Done to the children for raising the money.

Thanks to Lynne for arranging it all and to Martin and Kathryn for taking the dogs along.

Kath & Balee

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

That is great Martin thank you and thankyou to the school xxx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

Great pics. Well Done to all concerned

:salute:

Love Alison & Rosie XXX
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

Well, a wonderful morning was had by all, that's for sure. Billy and Rosie came to collect the cheque with Kathryn and Martin. The students had lots of questions and Martin and Kathryn did a really good job answering them all. Billy was a real star - many of the students loved him because he is such a placid dog and a really good ambassador for his breed.

I think that it really brought it home to them how some dogs just don't get a very good deal out of life and how we all need to help such dogs. And, I am sure that the students will now see that their efforts to fund raise will be rewarded. Rosie was a real star too. She loved her tummy being tickled and seems to be the most trusting and forgiving dog I have met in a long while! And what a transformation in such a short time. She will make a really loyal pet for someone.

Again, very many thanks to Kathryn and Martin for taking the time and trouble to come to school today. It really does make a difference to the students' understanding - and that's what we need because if more children are educated about such matters it can only be for the better.

We even got a write up in the school's newsletter which you can see on the left hand side of this picture - Buddie's photograph helped to illustrate the article!

The BIG cheque!

Martin explaining Rosie's medical needs.

One of the students with Billy.

So once again, many thanks to you both and hopefully we will see you again. One of my students came into my office later in the day and asked:
"Are they coming back tomorrow???"
benjiesmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by benjiesmum »

And one more!

kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Well done to all... :)
Flinty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Flinty »

Brilliant job Martin. :D
A fat dog is just a puppy with a coat on!
nicky181

Post by nicky181 »

:) Oh Martin

How lovely!! What gorgeous piccys, Rosie looks so happy. Lovely story.

Well done :)

Nicky x
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Martin and Kathryn Thankyou Rosie will really miss you when she has to leave good luck for the op xxx
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

A great day all round. :D
Thank You Lynne-I agree totally with what you say.
Thank You to all the pupils.
Thank You Martin and Kathryn-for caring for Rosie.(and all the other rescue Labs)
Thank You Billy-for being so lovely,as always
And last but not least

Just look at Rosie!!!!!! Amazing! What a transformation.

I hope all goes well tomorrow, I will be thinking of you all

Love Alison & Rosie XXX
Gemma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Gemma T »

How fantastic - Rosie and Billy looked like they really enjoyed themselves and the kids looked like they loved meeting them!
Gemma
Alison B

Post by Alison B »

I hope all went well today Martin

Thinking of you all

Alison & Rosie XXX
billybluemoor

Post by billybluemoor »

Thanks for all your well wishes !! :)

Rosie's op is scheduled for the 25th March.

Until then I'm just feeding her up and building her confidence.

More updates soon !

MARTIN.