Alfie

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AHappyAlfie
New User
New User

Alfie

Post by AHappyAlfie »

Hi All. Well how the time flies. We were lucky enough to be chosen to give Alfie a home at the end of May and it's so hard to even imagine what life was like without him. He has settled in well now after a few weeks of seperation anxiety missing his half brother and mum and dad. He would only lie down when he had contact with you so if you moved he followed. Love him he was like a wee lamb following you everywhere. Lots of love and playing and he is now very chilled out and loves nothing more than emptying his toy box till he finds the toy he wants you to play with.

Lead walking was a real challenge for all of us and took some significant perceverience but he has cracked it now most of the time. Went through the weeks of walking back and forward till he got the message that if he pulled he didn't get to the beack where most of his walks end up. Neighbours must of thought we were mad as it could take 20 mins to clear the drive on the worst days! :2019:

Alfie doesn't have a bad bone in his body and is sooooo sociable! He needs to say hello to everyone and every dog. He has a big head though from everyone telling him how handsome he is and what a beautiful colour being such a dark chocolate. Dad is so proud! :1971:

He is still a big puppy, loves the beach and a paddle and the doggie park with his special ball is an absolute joy. He can shift this lad and recall is now excellent and he would run all day but still have to take it easy as he is still a pup love him.

He adores kids - when my daughter stays he is all over her and had neice and nephew staying last week and he had to sleep with them so mum and dad were abandoned for the night.

We are so grateful to Lab Rescue for allowing us the privilage of having Alfie in our lives and for the fantastic work you do. We have even just bought a new house with a bigger garden for him and our family is complete. He completes us and hopefully in time we will return the compliment for him.

I will need to sort out a photobucket account and post some pics - he is so cheeky and we have some cracking poses!

Paul, Leona and Ella! :love5:
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Alfie

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update sounds like Alfie has landed on all 4 paws :love5: :love5:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Lovely update, Alfie sounds a cheeky chap :love5:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

What a lovely update! I know we all spoil our dogs but that has to be the first case I've heard of someone buying a new house for them.. :1968: :1968:
Wishing you many years of joy with Alfie xx
Keep persevering with photobucket; you'll feel so proud when you see pictures of your gorgeous boy on the forum :1972:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

I remember Alfie and noticing what a handsome boy he was! He's a lucky boy and I too can't wait to see pics :love5:

Photobucket is easy once you get the hang of it .....honest :1966:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Try copying the IMG code rather than the Direct code in photobucket and your chosen photos will be on the forum for all to see :1972:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

AHappyAlfie
New User
New User

Post by AHappyAlfie »

LOL. Third time lucky.....

AHappyAlfie
New User
New User

Post by AHappyAlfie »

Caught the bug now

And after a rather vigorous play session with a teddy bear .. Cheeky boy!

Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Gorgeous photos of Alfie; he's totally adorable :love6:
You've even worked out how to re-size pictures! I couldn't manage that 'til year 2 :1967:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Lovely update and great photos. What a gorgeous boy Alfie is so handsome :love5:

Love the photo of his energetic play with the teddy :rofl: life with a young lab certainly keeps you on your toes :1967:

Now you've mastered adding photos please keep them coming young Alfie looks so laid back but I'm sure you will have lots of funny moments with him - keep your camera to hand :thumbup:

Joan x
Joan and George x
scubakim
Senior User
Senior User

Post by scubakim »

Lovely pics - I had to do a double take of the one of Alfie on the grass looking straight at camera - said to OH 'who's this?' 'Murphy' was the reply :rofl:

Enjoy him and his antics :lol:
Kim, Murphy & Amy x

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update thank you :love3:
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email:
my bobby
Senior User
Senior User

Post by my bobby »

Great photos,

it was a pleasure to meet you and to help you find Alfie . And what a drive you had from Scotland . It is a good job Alfie wanted to adopt you . :love6: :2379:

His half brother (Eddie ) lets his owners post on here sometimes too :3497: :2379:

Love the updates. Hope to see you in September.

Carol Gary and Bobby xx :2093: :2379:

Labradors are miracles with paws xx

Carol F :-
stu darley
New User
New User

Post by stu darley »

Hi,
Haven't been on here for a while,just away on a camping Holiday so thought I would have a look on here whilst I had 10 mins.
I'm Stu, The Darleys adopted Eddie, the day before you Guys took Alfie.
Eddie is such a fantastic addition to the family, he makes all smile everyday,We also had some lead work to do, Eddie is a bugger for shooting off when he sees Birds, and other dogs, Slowly but surely we are getting there, a little treat goes along way!!
When we first got Eddie home, it took him a while to settle, he would cry every couple of hours during the night, But slowly but surely he has stopped.Eddie is with us for his first camping holiday, he loves the beach, going in the Sea for his ball, he is water mad,I have got to say he has his moments!! But generally his recall is fantastic, he just turns a " deaf un" when he's found something that he shouldn't be eating!!!
The Family are so glad that Eddie has become part of the family, he absolutely adores my two lads, Jack and Sam, and my lads absolutely adore him. I cannot thank Glenys and Carol enough, for making the process so easy,
It sound like Alfie has settled in nicely, And if you guys are ever passing through Preston, give us a shout on here, Would be nice to see the two of them together again onetime!!!
I will also load some photos of Eddie on here, when I get chance, in the meantime Eddie wants to go out for his morning walk!!

Cheers

Stu
:2379:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Stu for the update on Eddie glad all is going well its nice for us trio of rescue homers to get these happy updates.

A few of your texts made me smile Stu :rofl: seriously I'm happy your family have this lovely new arrival.
Glenys Fryer(Coordinator)

Email: labrador.rescue@btinternet.com

Gina Boyd(Coordinator)
Telephone: 07572 438871 (Available Between 10am - 7pm)
Email: ginaboyd2021@outlook.com

Carole Fairhurst(General Enquiries)
Telephone: 07377 215996 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: C.fairhurst@ymail.com

Lin Jackson(General enquiries)
Telephone: 07507 646082 (Available Calls between 10am to 5)
Email: