Our Gorgeous Millie

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Milliemax
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Our Gorgeous Millie

Post by Milliemax »

Hello again. I wanted to let you know how Millie is getting on in her new home. It was 10 weeks last Sunday that we met our new girl. She was a bit unsure of us at first but soon got to know us and willingly jumped in the back of the car with her new big brother Max. After tea that first day we took our coffee into the lounge followed by Max. I said "where's Millie?" MOH and me both looked to the door and saw a little face peeping round the corner, unsure whether she should come in or not. We told her it was ok to come in and that there was no room in the house she wasn't allowed in. After that she was looking into all the cupboards, drawers, fidge, freezer etc, a proper nosey girl. For the first few nights it was like musical beds. She wanted Max's bed, Max wanted Millie's bed but they soon got used to who slept in which bed. Millie is now last in the room but first in the queue when food is about. She is very greedy, more that any other lab we have had. Millie has been well trained. She is very good in the house, she is very good on the lead and very good on recall. We are so lucky to have her. She is adorable. We all love her to bits :love5: A very big thank you to Glenys for letting us have Millie :love3:
Johndale
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our Gorgeous Millie

Post by Johndale »

Welcome to the Forum.
Great to hear that Millie has settled in so well and is getting on well with Max. She sounds a real poppet. :bravo:

We'd love to see some photos :1967:

John & Teddyxx :2362:
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update thank you for that we love to hear how the dogs are going on she sounds like she is having a ball xx
Milliemax
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by Milliemax »

Yes Millie is right at home with us. Over the summer she went paddling in the river at Cuerdon Park and Formby Beach. She just loves the water like all labs. Poor Max just stood there asking me to through his ball in the water but couldn't see we had already thrown it. I think his sight has gone completely now. Millie did her best to retrieve his ball but in the process dropped hers and it was wash down stream and she couldn't see it. She is the first girl we have had and she has such a pretty dainty girly face with elegant long legs. I can't stop cuddling her. She is amazing but then I'm biased. I could "eat her on a butty" as they say round here! As for photos, I need some education from Millie's dad :study: so watch this space.
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

What a lovely update :1951: :1951: :1951:

Millie has settled in with you really well by the sounds of it. Landed on all four paws!

Photos are a nightmare until you know how to do it, and I'm sure someone will come along with some good instructions for you. I can do it, but couldn't for the life of me explain how!
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Ahhhhhh - Max and Millie, sounds like a match made in heaven. :love6: Love these updates, it's great to know she has settled in and is now an important member of the family. Thank you for giving Millie a loving and caring home.

Looking forward to some pics if you ever get the hang of it.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
mcca
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mcca »

Lovely to hear Millie is settled and happy with you and max

Anne jess and braken
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Great to hear that Millie has settled and made herself at home and that Max has a lovely companion. :2379:
Looking forward to those pictures (little hint) :1939:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Megsmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Megsmum »

Thank you for that lovely update. :thumbup:
It sounds as though you were very lucky to find each other and I hope you have many happy years together.
Helen and Mollie xx :2362:
Helen and Merry x

Remembering my beautiful Meg 1992-2008 and my darling Mollie 2009-2018