Millie's visit to the Vets

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Milliemax
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Millie's visit to the Vets

Post by Milliemax »

Today Millie (adopted in July) went to the Vets for her first Health Check and Vaccination. She passed with flying colours :thumbup:
She was such a good girl and the Vet gave her one gravy bone which she enjoyed but would have loved more. She missed the one on the way out from the receptionist as she wanted to relieve herself as we had been kept waiting for 1 hour as the Vet was very busy.

We love her to bits and I know she loves us now. She has started to give us lots of sloppy kisses. We live in a bungalow and Millie sleeps in the hall and Max sleeps in the kitchen with the doors open. Over the holidays we haven't set our alarm to wake us up and each morning I have heard Millie going into the kitchen to wake Max then Max has come in to our bedroom followed by Millie. It is so funny. I have no idea why she doesn't come in first.

We now know Millie doesn't like cats - she will chase them given the chance but she does like to eat cat poo. Maybe that why she chases them, for the chance of fresh poo :love5:

She also loves to rub fox poo behind her ears like it is expensive perfume. Bob Martin wet wipes are a god send when we have to travel back home in the car :2008:

Wishing you all the best for the New Year.
From
Max and Millie, Mum and Dad.
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Re: Millie's visit to the Vets

Post by Glenys »

Lovely update on Millie thank you.

Happy new year

:s39: :s10:
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Lovely update. Millie sounds very happy and settled :1955:

The morning business with Max reminded me of a friend who had 2 dogs. When the doorbell rang, Bella, the black Lab would run over to Bonnie, little Jack Russell X and wait for Bonnie to bark. Bella would always wait, and bark second :1968: :1968:
I suppose, as with Millie & Max, it's a way of deferring to the other dog but it looks so funny, especially when the little dog is in charge!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

:s2:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Millie's landed on all 4 paws :love5:

We have 3 labs Milo & Zak who we have had from pups and Max who we became very proud failed fosterers of. Zak is also the one who gets everyone up for breakfast and also the only one who rubs himself on holiday in fox poo so thanks for the tip on bob Martin wipes will try them

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x

:s7:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Yes lovely update - it is lovely to hear they have gone to such loving homes, enjoy your time together :love2:

Jackie x
Melliott
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Melliott »

Lovely update :love5:

:s19:

Love Michelle X
Labradors laugh with their tails
A Labradors face feels like home
mcca