Hello from up north

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Hello from up north

Post by arlyj »

Hallo, Purdey here.

I givd mum big row cos Auntie Glenys say need put more updates on forum thingie, so mum say if I so smart can read facebook then I do forum thingie update self.
:2063:
So where I start? Hmm, we been very busy. First Gran dog Libby come live with us. She wee old terrorist and barky grumpy, but we loves her really. She got very sick and spend lots time in doggie hostipal, mum say she nearly die, but she get better. She needs take meds every day or she get sick again tho. I looks after her, cos I is good girl.

Next mum and dad get all excited and take us on long journey to lovely house on big island called Skye. They say they go buy house and let peoples stay in it with doggies for hollybags, cos not everyone want doggies in their house. We go to Skye lots last year, nice cosy fires and a garden and lots and lots of lovely walks, we loves it a lot. Lots of other doggies went stay too, think they have good time too.

Then big thing :1941: . Lots strange men came to our normal house and start taking things away. We no like and no understand what going on and get very stressed. Mum say she know we stressed cos our coats went all smelly and scurfy. Pffaah, everyone a critic, her hairdo not so good either and she smelly all the time.

So, now we no longer have a home, where we go live? Kames and Skye house too far away for mum work so where we go? :? This the best bit news, we go live with our granma and my lovely wee cousin Roddy (Mr September 2014 calendar for peoples that no know him). Granma not so fit these days so poor splodge getting bit chubby, just as well we go live there, now he all streamline cos we runs about and plays all day. We loves it at granma’s house now, no more smelly coats, xcept when I rolls in goose poo by mistake lol.

So that the news, we really happy and well and still loves to read about all the doggies from MKF. Mum promise she catch up proper soon.

Last thing, my beautiful big bro Buster birthday today. He 8, that really old (like my mum ha ha). Mum say his body never grew into his big paws and his brain never grew into his big head…harsh! Happy Birthday bro :686: loves ya x

Here some foties for Glenys

After we go move granma house - our Auntie Hazel say it look like an advert for something really healthy

In the Skye house garden. Mum call this her reservoir dogs foto - no know what she talk about, no reservoir in garden, just a wee burn

In the snow recently

Me and splodgelet at the beach at New Year

and lastly just me, cos I so clever to write all this myself

lots of love from Purdey
and Bustie, Roddy and Libby
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello from up north

Post by triomum »

What a clever girl you are Purdey! Great update and lovely photos.

Where on Skye is your house and do you get the ferry over from Mallaig because if you do - you will pass our house. We can see Sleat from our house :lol: :lol:

Hope you have lots of happy years in your new house.

Julie, Dylan and Jasper
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh Purdey, what a great post. :1951: You use Scooby talk so I can understand it. :1967: It made me laugh and jealous all at the same time. What a lovely update...........keep 'em coming.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Willow
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Willow »

Top marks Purdey :1972: Lovely update and super-duper photos.
I especially love the first pic and agree it looks the epitome of an wholesome lifestyle :2817:
Joanna & Toby xx
Willow, my labrador soulmate, my one in a million..
Jan 2003 - May 2011

Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Great update Purdey you are very clever. What a busy and stressful time you have all had, still everything OK now. I would love to visit Scotland but we just don't seem to be able to get there.

Tell Buster HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :2803: :2799:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Purdy you are so clever and beautiful too.

Loved your update and that last photo gorgeous.

Happy birthday to buster. Big hugs to you all
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Jane267
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Jane267 »

Hi Purdey

Are you clever enough to put your Skye holiday home on the "recommend a holiday" bit of this site, as Mummy says she'd love to go to Skye, but so few places that will allow me to go to. I'd love to tell her that I've found somewhere so that she can go! When she's saved up enough that is!

Love your photos - wish I could try jumping off a hay bale like that - how on earth did you get up on top in the first place!!

Lily
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Sssooo lovely to hear from again Purdey - I thought you had forgotten about us lot on here. Great to see photos of you and little Roddie.....I am one of the old members on here and remember that little guy well. So pleased you have settled into your new home after all that stress, those photos are just lovely :1972:

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us how you are doing and for posting the photos - I look forward to the next update :1951:

Jackie x
Eeyorebev
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Eeyorebev »

Lovely post Purdey, you may be tempting us up north. happy birthday to your bro too!
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Well done Purdey great photos too :1972:
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Great to see photos of you and little Roddie.....
Gosh Jackie I was only thinking of Little Roddy the other day and wondered how he was getting on, but I could not remember who had adopted him.

Sorry Arlyn

:1001:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
arlyj
Senior User
Senior User

Post by arlyj »

Bustie says thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :love3:
triomum wrote: Where on Skye is your house and do you get the ferry over from Mallaig because if you do - you will pass our house.
Julie the house is on Minginish, so we have always gone over the bridge. I've promised myself one time when I'm going up alone I will take the west coast train line and the ferry, as the scenery will be amazing. Summer trip mind you.
Diesel Kate wrote:Gosh Jackie I was only thinking of Little Roddy the other day and wondered how he was getting on, but I could not remember who had adopted him.
Roddy is such a fabulous wee dog. He has been the perfect companion for mum and he really doesn't know he is not a full labrador :2379: He really loves having the other dogs around, Purdey is his best friend and they chase each other around for hours.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, we promise to be better at keeping in touch.

Arlyn xx
Labs - mud, hair, drool, love, laughs, life.....
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

What a great update, so lovely to catch up on all your news Purdey and see all those fabulous photos of you and your friends. Say Happy Birthday to your big bro Buster and it's so good to know that Roddy is enjoying his life too, I'm glad that you love little Libby even if she is a bit grumpy, your life looks idyllic.

Joan x
Joan and George x
triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

Hi Purdey

Tell your mum the west coast train journey is stunning - I'm doing it tomorrow to Glasgow and then on to England-shire! Tell her they also allow dogs on it too - and on the ferry to Skye - the nice man who operates the gangway on the boat always has dog biscuits on him!

Take care

Julie
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Lovely to hear from you again Arlyn and such wonderful photos - thanks for sharing them :2379: :1972:

Alison x