Update on "SAM"

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IanT1952
New User
New User

Update on "SAM"

Post by IanT1952 »

So here we are three weeks in with our new family member "Sam". After an initial period of anxiety Sam has settled down now and is a little more "chilled" though he still follows me and my wife around the house when we get up, this can be interesting when one uses the downstairs loo and when opening the door to leave, find Sam dutifully sat there waiting! Its taken a while for him to decide who`s Alfa and like our last lab, he`s chosen my wife. Sam passed his MOT with the vet with the exception of poorly ears and eyes, neither of which come as a suprise, been there bought the teeshirt as they say, he`s just going to need some TLC in those area`s in the years to come.
So many people ask why we adopted an 11yo dog, well thats easy, Sam can enjoy his retirment years in a loving environment safe in the knowledge that this will be his forever home, though if you saw him bounding about you might think he was younger.
Well thats all for now..... Ian
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Update on "SAM"

Post by jackie »

Welcome Ian and thanks for that lovely update on Sam. It sounds like he has settled very well and he has certainly landed on all 4 paws. Enjoy your time together, my older Lab is 11 and walks the same walks she did when she was 2 and is as fit as a fiddle.

Jackie x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi Ian,
I love to hear from adopters, its so good to know how things work out especially for the oldies who might find change harder. One of my past adoptees was a 12 year old girlie and like you I felt Rosie should and could relax into retirement in a safe, loving environment for the rest of her days.

It certainly sounds like Sam (the sentinel at the loo door :1968: ) is settling well with you both and finding his feet, I'm sure you'll enjoy each other :2379:
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Lovely update.

Wishing you all wonderful times and new memories. :love2:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Hi Ian. Thanks for the lovely update on Sam, we love to get feedback, especially on the oldies.

Wishing you all the best of times. Sounds like Sam has decided he loves where he is and is settling well. Good luck with his eyes and ears. Piccys would be nice.......hint hint.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Thank you Ian for the lovely update and for adopting a lovely oldie we have had so many over the last months it really is wonderful to know they are safe and happy
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

What a lovely update, so pleased to hear that Sam has now settled down and will have all the love and care he needs in his retirement home :1967: He sounds as if he's a fit older gent so here's to many, many years together.

I remember when we adopted George at 10 months he followed us around, he even opened the downstairs loo when I was in there :2008: putting me on view to the houses opposite. He used to try to get in the shower with me and sat so close as I dried my hair I was always afraid I would hit him with the hairdryer :1001: He also used to drag a towel round with him like a comfort blanket.
Joan and George x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Sam is going to have a wonderful life with you both :love2:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Sam is going to have a wonderful life with you :love2:

Amanda Jim Milo Zak & Max x
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely update and as Lins says we love to hear updates but especially the older dogs that have been rehomed. :love2:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Yvonne Walsh
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Yvonne Walsh »

It sounds like Sam is going to enjoy his retirement years! Another golden oldie! Love the tale of his door guarding! X
Yvonne (and Molly)