Our Lenny

Share your story about your rescued dog - good or bad!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

welovelabs
New User
New User

Our Lenny

Post by welovelabs »

Hi to All,

As you may have seen from last November I have problems getting pictures to attach. I have been working on this and I hope this time you will see more picture of Lenny.

Our gorgeous boy will be 6 this Spring, but still acts like a puppy, and He will have been with us 3 and half years. His tennis balls are still his favourite items and loves the chase, but hates being inside. Lenny is happy working with me (SMELLING OF PIGS), rounding up the chickens, licking the pigs ears and going on long walks with us. He loves to meet other dogs, and is confused when some of them don`t return the favour. He is a very happy lad and loves attention and cuddles. When I pick up my van keys a ride in the front of my van is usually on the cards. Like Postman Pat and his black DOG??????

He has taken a fancy to raw Brussel Sprouts from the pigs fresh veg pile, and don`t we know about it later.

Our son has gone away to work and Lenny would sit on the drive looking across the lawn waiting for Sam to return. He must be wondering why he has not come back. We can`t wait to see his reaction when he gets home in April.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/img]

If the pictures come out you will see Tom on his walk with Lenny, and his brother Dick who now comes on an occasional walk too.

We hope you enjoy this post, although short.

Lenny is our pride and joy, as any good dog owner thinks that of their dog.

Regards

Denise and Anthony
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Our Lenny

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and sounds like Lenny has a wonderful life and cherished very much....beautiful photos :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Morticia1162
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Morticia1162 »

Such a happy loved boy, he reminds me of my Barney, who also is very confused if other dogs won't say hello nicely. :1972:
Lots of love, Janet, Pat, Barney & Lola xxxx
Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

Post by Glenys »

Lovely post thankyou we dont get enough updates on here so it is appreciated
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Glenys wrote:Lovely post thankyou we dont get enough updates on here so it is appreciated

I totally agree with you Glenys.

Those piccys were worth waiting for........Lovely, thanks for sharing.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Great photos and what a wonderful life Lenny has - thank you for sharing. :1951: :lol:

I totally agree we don't get enough lovely updates on this site, we've had a lot of heartbreak and illnesses lately so come on folks, if you've got a funny story or just a heart warming update please share it on here - I'm sure there's a lot of us who could do with cheering up.
Joan and George x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Great Photos' of a very handsome Lenny. :love2:

I had a cat a long time ago that would follow us on our walk.

:1972:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Emma T
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Emma T »

Gorgeous Lenny! The pictures are lovely, I have to say a dog/cat friendship does melt my heart, Tom and Dick are very cute!
Emma
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely to read about Lenny and his life. The pictures are gorgeous, so lovely to see the cats, Tom & Dick, going for a walk with him. As for that last pic of Lenny, oh what a lovely boy!

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Lovely handsome lad having a ball by the sound of things - love his friends too!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh Lenny you are really gorgeous and all you photos are great, you certainly seem to have found a wonderful home and live life to the full enjoy enjoy
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly n Polly :love2:
welovelabs
New User
New User

Lenny 4 years on

Post by welovelabs »

Hi All,

Just updating you that Lenny had been with us 4 years last October, and he is 7 in April. He is loved by all, and visitors and passers by comment on how beautiful he is and we can`t argue with that.

Back in the summer we took Lenny for a short caravan break to the Lakes, pictures attached, which he loved. He walked us to death but he enjoyed his swim. He was a good lad. We took him into a pub one lunchtime, which we have only done with him about half a dozen times before, and once he had sniffed the other dogs he pretty much settled down under the table, until his sausage arrived, did not beg, and wolfed it down followed by a slopping of water.

He still enjoys his rides in my van, sitting back in the passenger seat and sometimes pawing my arm for a tummy rub.

We hope you enjoy the pictures.

Denise and Anthony

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[/img]
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Another lovely update and photo's, you can see how much Lenny is so loved :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Lovely update, Lenny is one very handsome lad. :1972:

Perhaps you could share with us what you are using to upload your photo's to the forum.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Lovely to see the pictures of Lenny and read the update. Glad you and he enjoyed your hols, sausages in pubs, I wish! So do Rowley & Douma.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma