Hello Everyone

If you are new to the site pop in here and say hello - We are a friendly bunch!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Matt J
New User
New User

Hello Everyone

Post by Matt J »

Hi, i heard about all your good work through the merseyside dogs trust.
We recently lost our 12yr old chocolate Lab Yogi.
And myself and my partner are absolutly devastated. Its too early for us to think about homing another soul mate yet but we just wanted to register and stay in touch.
The house isnt the same anymore and we miss him every second of every day. I hope the pain gets easier over time but its a struggle for us both at the moment.

Thankyou for reading this as me writing it helps a little to talk about it..much love to you all and i hope you are all well.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Lins »

Hi and welcome Matt to this very friendly and informative site.

Most people on this site know exactly how you feel, including myself. I can promise it does get easier (not easy) with time, and your wonderful memories of time spent with Yogi will make you smile.

I'm sure that when you are ready and you decide it's time for another Labrador to enter into your lives, Labrador Rescue will be able to match you with another furbaby.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Hi and welcome,
I'm so sorry that you've had to say goodbye to your boy Yogi, it must be a very difficult time for you and your partner.
You talk of Yogi as your soul mate and you can be sure your lad will have known he was well loved. He will have left you some wonderful memories of his antics and your adventures together - these will bring you comfort and as the pain eases you will be able to smile at those very special memories.......
Many of us know exactly what you mean when you say the house isn't the same anymore but perhaps Yogi's legacy will be that you will one day find room in your heart and home for a new companion,
take care
Des
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Matt J
New User
New User

Post by Matt J »

Thankyou for you kind words and warm welcome. And yes i hope things get better for us soon.
The last 4 weeks have been such a strain for us and we have bucket loads of good memories of our boy.
I'll upload some photos when i work out how to.
Thankyou so much, it's nice to be in the company of other people who have at some point shared how we feel right now.
Lots of love to you all
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

Hi to you both and welcome to this very friendly forum. I'm so sorry to read about your beloved Yogi, I have looked at the photos you have posted in the Pet Gallery and Yogi looks such a stunning boy. He obviously was a huge character and your soul mate so he has left a massive hole in your hearts. I do understand how you are feeling as I lost my dog in a million 16 months ago and the house is empty without him. Although you can't imagine it at the moment the loss does become easier to bear, although you think of them everyday you begin to smile at all the happy memories you have and the tears become less. However long they are with us it's never long enough but Yogi was well loved and must have been a great ambassador for this wonderful breed.

All the labs that come into our lives are special but some, like Yogi, forge a special bond with us and so their loss hits us even harder. You must have had a lot of special times with Yogi and I hope they bring you comfort in the months to come.

Run free dear Yogi
Joan and George x
coco-bean
Senior User
Senior User

Post by coco-bean »

Hi Matt

Welcome to this great site, I am so sorry to read about Yogi I have just seen his beautiful photos he was stunning :love2:

My first furbaby was a black rescue beautiful girl, it broke our heart when she left us, she is buried in our garden and I still say hello when I hang washing out.
seven long years later our daughter had been asking for a puppy for a while so along came Coco who will be 5 this month and we also have Kinder who will be 3 this months.
You will know when the time is right but for now just keep thinking of all the good times you had with beautiful Yogi x

Run free sweet Yogi :love2:
Debbie, Coco, Kinder & Buttons XXX

Who ever said diamonds are a girls best friend..... Never owned a Labrador or three
Matt J
New User
New User

Post by Matt J »

Thankyou for your kind words it really means a lot to me and my wife.
We are still going day by day at the moment even after 4 weeks it still feels like yesterday. I know it will get easier over the coming months and yes its such a big loss. Yogi was a perfect friend and i struggle to remember him doing anything wrong since the day we got him from the Dogs Trust when he was 9mnths old..
Its strange that we got him at 9 months which was exactly 9 months to the day that we lost our first chocolate lab (Tyson). And both dogs were identical with exactly the same temperament.
Uncanny really.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Hello Matt we would also like to say welcome.
It is a very difficult time when you lose your special boy or girl, So we know how you feel at the loss of Yogi, we are so sorry..
It does take time to feel better, but it is not easy, but you do get there.
I have 4 girls, they are all getting on a bit, but we still go for a stroll every morning,.
Please keep us updated on how you are and if you get a new best friend.
Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :2379:
Joe + Hilary
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Joe + Hilary »

Hello Matt, Just to say I am sorry you have had to say goodbye to your precious Yogi. Lovely name. I found this website in 2010 when we lost our 1st two labradors and were thrashing around in desperation. It has been a great source of comfort, information and laughs and has kept me going through a few things now. I now have two rescues but not from "here" and still visit the site because I like to keep up to date with the owners and dogs. I am sure when the time is right Glenys and team will find you someone wonderful who wants to adopt you.

Hilary, Rowley & Douma
Matt J
New User
New User

Post by Matt J »

Thankyou all so much. It really means so much xx