One year on "the big rescue " Darcey

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Glenys
Glenys
Glenys

One year on "the big rescue " Darcey

Post by Glenys »

On the 17th of January last year we undertook probably the biggest challenge for a long time in our rescue where we managed to rescue 16 labs from one home it was a traumatic time for the dogs who were scared of life I remember Abi saying on one journey retrieving the dogs " someone will get bitten today" thank fully no one did get bitten and those sixteen dogs lives were changed forever on that day ..
Most of you will have followed the story but nearly a year on we invite you to tell us how your "big rescue dog " is faring

I would say the most traumatized dogs were Dexter,Honey and Darcey
Its with great big tears I relay the lovely card received from Darcey and also must mention Karen and Neil Bate who fostered her for a while too giving her care and love on the way .....

To Gina and all at Labrador rescue

Hello do you remember me
My Name is Darcey and you looked after me
When I was rescued until you found me a new Mum and Dad to which I am very glad.
They took me home and my life began to change I have a lovely home I share with Pippa
Everything is my life is wonderful now and my days are very full.
We go for walks every day and a ride in the car.
Sometimes I am frightened and look very sad but Mu m and Dad always look after me
They never shout they are very patient and really look after me I sit on my chair and sleep as much as I like
The food is very good here I like it,
There are plenty of biscuits and treats ! when I give my Mum and dad a paw they seem to praise me more
I sit on Mums knee and when she moves I get the chair, I sleep on the bed I love it there.
Thank you for looking after me and keeping me safe until the right Mum and Dad came along
Mum says Christmas is coming and Pippa and I will get presents I’ve never had the, before I’m not bothered re toys just treats will do
Oh what a happy time it will be
We may come and see you one day but I’m not keen on new places so we will wait and see.

Happy Christmas to you all Love from Darcey

12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Re: One year on "the big rescue "

Post by 12_paws »

What a joy to read!
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart
Patmar
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Patmar »

How wonderful to hear such a lovely update - glad to know you have found such a caring and loving home Darcey

Lots of love

Pat, Zach and Jake
x x x
mollymunch
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollymunch »

Amazing and heart warming read. Many thanks again to all involved in the big rescue and the rehomers :love3: :2379:

Alison x
LabLover
Senior User
Senior User

Post by LabLover »

Lovely update and so pleased you now have a wonderful life and so very much loved :love2:
Amanda Jim & Fynley xxx

Remembering our beloved boys Milo, Little Max & Zak who forever will always be in our hearts and never forgotten Feb 2003 to May 2016, Jan 2010 to Jun 2017 & Nov 2004 to Nov 2017.
Liz5353
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Liz5353 »

Oh lovely Darcey how beautiful are you, we are thrilled that you are doing so well.
Also delighted that you now have such a special home and special Dad and Mum.
Love Liz Shelly Bonnie Molly Polly :love2:
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

Aw that is so touching so sad that these dogs went through what they did and those scars are still there but fantastic they were saved and now learning that life can be safe. Well done to everyone.
Jackie x
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: One year on "the big rescue " Darcey

Post by Diesel Kate »

It is unbelievable that the big rescue was a year ago, it only seems like 6 months. Lovely update on Darcey's new life and the fact he is doing so well. :bighug: 's Darcey.
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )