Bess (Little Lady that was)

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Harold + Pat
New User
New User

Bess (Little Lady that was)

Post by Harold + Pat »

It is with great sadness that we have to tell you that our lovely, gentle Bess was put to sleep last Monday. Some of you may remember the sad faced little girl who had spent her first 6/7 years on a puppy farm having many litters. From the moment we first saw her she was coming home with us, our one aim was to give her a happy life. She did not know how to be a dog but slowly she learned though she never did play with toys.One moment of great joy for us was when she eventually went in the water and began swimming(we both cried) She accepted and trusted us very quickly and began to bring us gifts ( her first one was a dead rat she found but it's the thought that counts!)

Bess was a home bird and the place is so empty without her. She is everywhere in the house or watching us from her favourite spot under the tree in the garden. Bess died as she lived gently being stroked and eating a gravy biscuit. We are so sad, five years is such a short time.

Harold and Pat
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Bess (Little Lady that was)

Post by Diesel Kate »

Harold and Pat,

I am so sorry you have lost your beautiful Loving Bess. You gave her the home that she should always have had all her life, she found love with both of you.

Big Hugs yo you both :bighug:

Run Free at Rainbow Bridge Bess x30
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
geddes
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geddes »

You will never forget her,what you did for her was beautiful and she returned that love. Take it from me she loved you what more
is there.
Geddes-- Lesley--and Joe
maxImum
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by maxImum »

It is unbearable when they leave you. but she learned life was good.which is the best thing for you to have given her. I still miss our Max 3 years on. Treasure those happy times. Everyone on here understands,
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm so sorry to read that you have lost your lovely Bess and completely understand how empty your house must feel without her. She sounds such a sweet girl and must have loved her new life with you. You gave her the love she had missed out on and she became the happy dog that she always should have been.

It is heartbreaking when they leave us but you must have so many happy memories of Bess and you are such special people to have given Bess the loving home she deserved. Run free dear Bess :love5:
Joan and George x
JoanG
Senior User
Senior User

Post by JoanG »

I'm so sorry to read that you have lost your lovely Bess and completely understand how empty your house must feel without her. She sounds such a sweet girl and must have loved her new life with you. You gave her the love she had missed out on and she became the happy dog that she always should have been.

It is heartbreaking when they leave us but you must have so many happy memories of Bess and you are such special people to have given Bess the loving home she deserved. Run free dear Bess :love5:
Joan and George x
jackie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by jackie »

I remember Bess too. I am so sorry you have lost your beautiful girl, I know your sadness only too well they definitely break our hearts and although we will eventually put it back together there is always a piece missing. Bess was clearly very loved I am so pleased she was homed with you, you have made the rest of her days as happy as they could be. Thinking of you both at this very sad time, run free Bess sweetheart.

Jackie x
mollie
Senior User
Senior User

Post by mollie »

I’m so sorry to read about Bess. I also remember her coming into Rescue.

I can only echo what Kath has said, in that you gave her the life she should have always had. I imagine those five years felt like a life time to Bess, nevertheless.

She was so lucky to have found you. Heartbreaking time, as we all know. She’ll never leave your hearts.
Xxx
Mr Bumpy, Jess and Tilly always in our hearts xx

Marge and Jess x
12_paws
Senior User
Senior User

Post by 12_paws »

Pat & Harold, I'm so sorry to read that you have said goodnight to your beautiful Bess, I really feel for you.
I too remember her as sad 'Little Lady' who had so much to learn about what life could be. Bess had a wonderful life with you, she found kindness, love and happiness bless her.
I hope you get some comfort from your very special memories of a very special girl,
Sleep tight Bess, thinking of you,
Des x
Des x

Desley and Finn
Harley & Diesel, safe in my heart