Rhianna aka Anna

A little lady who arrived at rescue suffering from stress, loss if coat and a skin condition - who is now on the way to recovery a new forever home

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Rhianna aka Anna

Post by Lins »

It beats me why she hasn't found her forever home yet.

Another bump
Lins, Molly and Scooby

A house isn't a home without at least one Labrador
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

We are presently waiting for some blood tests to come back spoke to Mr Vet today so once they come back we will know more....if anyone in the meantime does wish to adopt Anna please call us...
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

I really wish we could, I've thought about her for weeks, but I have concluded with Ben and after talking to Kathryn, that Anna really would be better off in a home where she is with someone almost all of the day. I think it would be selfish of me to ignore this fact and I really do wish her the very best and hope she gets a new mummy and daddy very soon.

Jenny
xxxxx
Simba my beautiful boy, you will always be in my heart, I will miss you forever
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

bump
Lins, Molly and Scooby

Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Another bump for Anna
Lins, Molly and Scooby

natty

Post by natty »

Anna`s skin looks so much better in the photos. She is not as red around the eyes. I wonder what the blood test will show.?

What a happy little face she has. She looks more like her true age now :1963:

There will be the perfect home out there I am sure :1961:
lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

BUMP
kathryn
Senior User
Senior User

Post by kathryn »

Sadly the lab has lost the blood tests! so she is now going back to the vets on Friday for more blood to be taken.
Speaking to Karen tonight she has had a little lapse, Karen had a few days away and the boys were looking after her, she ate a few things she shouldnt so she has gone back a bit and her skin in red again,. I am sure Karen will fill you all in later.

We need a home where she isnt going to be left for long, also another dog will help as she loves the company, and of course we dont know if the skin allergy is going to be life long...if so then it is something anyone wanting to give her a home must think very carefully about...ie cost of special food etc...

When we know more we will let you all know.
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

Oh poor Karen and Anna. My heart goes out to you all. Keeping fingers and everything else that can be crossed, crossed.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

lab_lover
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by lab_lover »

:3515: poor Anna... I hope she starts to come good again really soon, she really needs someone very special to take her on forever and give her all the love and special care she needs.

Karen is doing such an amazing job I am sure Anna loves being there very much.

Jenny
xxxxx
baileysmum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by baileysmum »

As Kathryn has said that the vets have lost Anna's bloods, which is a bit disappointing as we were hoping to hear if she was allergic/or not to anything. But anyway these things do happen. She will be visiting the vets on Friday afternoon so he can take some more blood and give her a check-up.

Not looking forward to it as the last time we went he thought she was looking a lot better. :2009:

Alas to say I went away on Wednesday morning and came back on Sunday late evening.

As soon as I walked in she was there at the door, she would have jumped up into my arms if she could of. :1941:

The next morning I took a good look at her, she was redder than when I went away so Neil got the "spanish inquisition". :2012:

It seems that Anna is a bit of "food theif" (like most labs) and seems to have pinched some food whilst Neil's back was turned. Also Neil ran out of piriton on Saturday.

To say we are upset about this set back is an understatement, I just feel so guilty the rescue have entrusted me to take care of one of their dogs and I have let them down.

I will let you know how we get on a the vets on Friday, perhaps he can shed some more light on the matter I have my list of every that happened from me going away to me returning home no matter how small and insignificant the incident/change may be the vet might spot something in the list.
A dog wags its tail with its heart.
Diesel Kate
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Diesel Kate »

Karen. Do not blame yourself these things happen. Until you have all the results there are bound to be set backs. You are doing a wonderful for job for her. :1973:
Kath, Toby (Balee and Megan - Never out of my thoughts :love2: )
Lins
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Lins »

I would just like to second Kath and Balee's sentiments. These things happen Karen, you are doing an amazing job.
Lins, Molly and Scooby

triomum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by triomum »

You are doing an amazing job! Dylan is on Piriton and I get mine off the net - Medicines4YourPet. You have to ring them to order - they can't advertise them as they are a human drug :2019: but they are around £11.50 for 500 and come by first class post so really quick - a lot cheaper than in the chemist! Hope all goes well on Friday . Julie, Dylan, Nina and Jasper
tosca100
Senior User
Senior User

Post by tosca100 »

Karen! How can you possibly feel guilty?You are doing a wonderful job on Anna! :1944:

You can't go through life never making a mistake....wouldn't be normal. :2009:

Sara
A dog naps so much because it loves so hard - Anonymous